tire preasure

yuind

Reaction score
Visit site
whats a good tire preasure for agressive twisty riding style? front and back thx. i have 31f 26r

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, you need to fix that! Try 30/30 or 32/32. If you do use different pressures try 28/30 or 30/32. The rear tire takes and gives more force than the front so you need more pressure in the rear so it won't over heat.

The rule of thumb is measure your tires stone cold (start at 30 psi), then ride a session so they fully warm up. Once you stop measure the pressure right away; the difference should be about 4 psi more, eg: 34. If it didn't get to raise much, lower your pressure (however you may not have ridden hard enough), if it was more than 4 psi add air. But 30 psi is a good place to begin.

Regardless, 26 is WAAAAY too low for a rear tire.

Next question, what kind of tires are you running? If they OEM get a new set of tires.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Hellgate. That was a very simple and precise way to guage tire pressure. I'm giving your way a try.:thumbup:

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
The handbook recommends 33 front, 36 rear. On my old Dunlop Qualifiers that was fine, but with my new Maxxis tyres they like to be a bit harder - about 35/38.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of variables here with the biggest being your loaded weight/your brand of tires, but as Hellgate said, 26 psi is too low! I tried lots of different pressures but I went back to the dealer recommended 33/36. Safe riding!

yuind

Reaction score
Visit site
im running oem gonna order some michelin power 2 seems the tire everyone talks about. thx for the help on tire preasure i had no idea.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
PRESSURE!!! tire pressure....

Sorry...

+1 on looking for the recommended pressure of whatever tire you're running. The range from one tire to another can be 5-10psi depending on the brand/type/use.

FFIW I run my BT016 @ 36psi f/r on the streets (as high as possible for the grip I need, so that they last longer... if I start sliding around, I lower a couple of psi at a time and gauge in the next corner :)).

oh and OEM tires usually suck..........