Headlight Modulator

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased a Headlight Modulator for my FZ6 from Kisan Technologies back in February.

https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=2

I wanted to wait and ride with the modulator for several months before I wrote a review. The time has come. For those who do not know what a headlight modulator is, it's a plug n play device that causes your headlights to blink on and off when your high beams are on, similar to an emergency vehcile. There is a sensor that will prevent it from modulating when it gets too dark which then becomes illegal. It is legal for motorcycles to be equipped with a modulator in all 50 states during daylight. It's a federal law, which supercedes any state law.

For the past several months, my frequency of using my 140 decibel Stebel Air Horn has noticably decreased. From a rider who is in love using the horn on a daily basis, I have found myself not getting into many situations which requires the use of the horn.

I have come to the conclusion it is due to my headlight modulator. I often get comments when stopped at a traffic light about my headlights. They always go out of their way and want to inform me that my headlights are blinking. I simply respond by yelling though my helmet that it's a headlight modulator, and it's legal for motorcycles to be equpped with one so that it helps us motorcyclist become more visible. Every driver replied back that it really catches their attention and it works! And with 3 fatal motorcycle crashes over the weekend all involving a car pulling out in front of the rider here in Las Vegas, I'm glad I have one.

Another bonus about the modulator, I often find myself riding down the fast lane on the freeway. Over half of the vehicles that I approach from behind will yield to me by pulling over to right. They think I'm a cop! LOL!

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Kisan Tech tailBlazer, and was thinking about their headlight modulator as well. My biggest consern is that the blinking headlight could be interpreted as a signal to cagers that it is OK for them to pul out ahead of me... :confused:

Since getting the tailBlazer, I find that I am more reluctant to use the brakes when driving in slow traffic to avoid upsetting the cagers with the flashing. This is especially strue if I have the same car behind me for a while.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Kisan Tech tailBlazer, and was thinking about their headlight modulator as well. My biggest consern is that the blinking headlight could be interpreted as a signal to cagers that it is OK for them to pul out ahead of me... :confused:

There is always that possiblity, but from my experience, I have never had that issue. However, your country might view it differently. I ride in traffic all the time.

But you also have the option of not having it on by using your low beams.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
As long as it is possible to use only low beam without modulation I guess I would be fine. I would only use the modulator in heavy, slow moving rush traffic to make sure I get seen, and for that use t would be almost perfect. :thumbup:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Vegasrider-
How does the dual headlight mod work with this modulator? Is this easy enough to plug and play?

Thanks
FB

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Vegasrider-
How does the dual headlight mod work with this modulator? Is this easy enough to plug and play?

Thanks
FB

They work. I just called their 800 number and called their technicians and told them what bike and bulbs I have, and explained to them that I have done the dual headlight conversion. One bulb has three prongs, and the other only has two to make sure I get the right adapters. A H4 and H7. And it was plug and play.

But the plug on the three prong adapter didn't fit very well, I forced it in and snapped the connection off the adapter. I sent it back and received another one explaining what happened. Got the 2nd one, and samething, it was not a perfect fit, but I rigged the female portion by widening the female portion of the adapter with a small screwdriver so it would connect into the male side of the headlight socket.

Does a modulator affect bulb life?

Not that I know of. But it's a great question and an answer you can probably find on their website under FAQ. Or simply give them a call.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Vegas, this product still holding up?

Maybe this is the case where you fit the high beam with one of if 8K blue lights and scare the cagers :thumbup:

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen motorcycles that have a headlight that seems to flicker, rather than modulate. The flicker is faster and doesnt' seem like an even sine wave. It's more noticable. Are these just poor headlights, or is there such a product on the market?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen motorcycles that have a headlight that seems to flicker, rather than modulate. The flicker is faster and doesnt' seem like an even sine wave. It's more noticable. Are these just poor headlights, or is there such a product on the market?

There are several products on the market and the rate is controlled by the Feds here in the US and must meet DOT specification.

As for bulb life, the duty cycle or rate is such that the bulb never cold starts which IIRC is when the most tungsten is shed from the element. Thus bulbs run at cooler internal temperatures usually last longer so it should improve bulb life. Remember when at full temperature the bulb is fragile to shock and vibration as the element is glowing white hot!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

The law is very specific, flicker/modulate whatever you want to call it, it cannot exceed 240 times per minute. Otherwise, it becomes closer to a strobe, which makes it illegal.

I love the modulator, just because just about every other vehicle are now equipped with daytime running lights, making you no different than everyone else. So here comes the modulator, the beauty thing about it, vehicles except for emergency vehicles are not allowed to have them, making yourself unique.