My first moto-camping trip

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
... and my first camping trip. :rolleyes:
Hey, I'm from the suburbs, so be easy on me.

I went around George Washington National Forest.
George Washington & Jefferson National Forests

There are some awesome roads in West Virginia! As well as some very scenic towns that are like Mayberry, USA. Other towns, um, less so :D
The people in WV are very friendly, unless you go to a WV football game!

Here are some pictures. No cool shots of any towns, mountains, delicious BBQ or twisty roads. :( Sorry, we wanted to keep riding.

On our way over to the National Forest, there was a car accident.
You can see a dog wrapped in an orange blanket on the left. :eek: I'm pretty sure the dog is ok!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Our campsite. It rained at night. We all checked the weather reports for Maryland, not West Virginia. 'Good enough', we thought! We didn't know it was going to rain. Not cool !! But it's another good camping experience to have. When I woke up in my tent, I saw about 15 "daddy long legs" (aka spiders) between my rainfly and tent. Ewww!
attachment.php

Here's me giving the Motorcyclist's Salute :Flip:
attachment.php

A funny thing about West Virginia is the speed limits. Roads that are marked 45 mph in West Virginia would certainly be marked 25 mph in Maryland.
Not like I was going the speed limit. :D

I just thought I'd share. These pics aren't so thrilling like some other trip reports. But it's kind of a big deal for me.
I'd like to do some more camping trips to get ready for my big trip across the USA.

Last edited:

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for sharing, looks like a great time you had...
and looking at the pic of the campsite I don't see
any signs of boozing, two big thumbs up for that :thumbup:

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet man, I've been thinking about getting a one man tent and heading out to Skyline Drive in VA on the Fizzer. Talk about some serious twisties and incline/declines. Just thinking about it is all kindsa fun.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love camping! Thanks for sharing. Between you and Nate I'm getting the bug real bad!

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work! Especially the last pic, very nice.

I've done a lot of these trips, sometimes solo and sometimes with a buddy. I find if I don't take at least one of these a year I start getting squirrely.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, I've wanted to take a trip like that ever sense I got my Yammie. Some day I'll do it and make sure I get the pics to share as well.