Saddled

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
UPS delivered my new saddle tonight and I took my first ride on it.

Man, what a difference!

It's a Mayer saddle from Custom Motorcycle Seats-Bill Mayer Saddles>

The way you order one is to sit on your bike and have somebody trace your ass onto the stock saddle using a marker. Then they take a picture of you on the bike, and a picture of the bike without you. Then you send all of that along with your stock seat to them.

The turnaround time was less than two weeks. I emailed them to see if they could do a rush job, and they had an opening in their schedule. How cool is that, they schedule things so your saddle won't sit for weeks on a shelf waiting for somebody to get to it.

It's very comfy. If I had to complain about anything, it's the basketweave pattern on the rider's seat. It looks great but I find myself sliding forward when I use the brakes. The leather on the passenger seat doesn't have this problem, so I'd recommend that if you get your seat altered, go with smooth leather for the entire thing.

Anyway, pictures.

watermark.php

watermark.php

Fred

H

HavBlue

Looks very comfy and very similar to a cruiser seat. I do however wonder about sliding a cheek off the side with that bolster on the right and left.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
The damage was $420.

Hanging off hasn't been an issue so far. The seat's supportive but I can slide forward and be on the rounded front part, and then can hang off just fine.

W

wrightme43

Nice, I have asked Corbin over and over to sell me a seat, but they really just dont seem interested. Its kinda of bizarre. I saw a article on mayer in a magazine, they were very impressed as well.