Low Mirrors

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
While on my long commute I've been looking at the 'empty' spot on the fairing you can see just above your hands. (I'm not sure how to explain it really)

Anyway, I think it would be a great candidate spot for some low mounted mirrors like you find on the Honda Pan-Europeans. Here's an example of what I'm on about:
2293918442_b82b4202dc.jpg

I figure having low mounted mirrors would eliminate the 'arms' problem and might make an interesting looking mod. Maybe it could be combined with the wider fairing that covers the hands more.

Has anyone thought about this before or tried it even?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
are you trying to fill the void or just want lower mirrors?
if you want lower they have bar-end style that would work for you and if you are trying to fill the empty spot it would take some fabricating I assume.

H

HavBlue

That bike looks like an old PC800 Honda. The ultimate cross between a scooter and a motorcycle.

I agree the bar end mirrors would answer the low mirror issue but I too have a feeling this is in reference to the void between the mirror shaft and the windscreen.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
are you trying to fill the void or just want lower mirrors?
if you want lower they have bar-end style that would work for you and if you are trying to fill the empty spot it would take some fabricating I assume.

I want lower mirrors, but I don't want to add any additional width to the bike. Bar-end mirrors would restrict my ability to filter in London traffic. That spot just seems empty at the moment and begging for something useful.

Last edited:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in the U.S. they sell (at the auto parts store) little stick on convex mirrors to give you a wider field of view. Maybe you could get some of those to fit in the spot but i think that adjusting them to be useful may be a pain. But sounds like a good saftey type of mod!