Troy Bayliss "I Quit Too Early"

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I reckon Ducati would be begging him to come back. Seems that since him and especially Tardozzi have gone they're not going too flash at all.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am frigging going off about this.

Bayliss coming back :D Have read further reports from Ducati top brass that its Troy's call :thumbup:

Even if Haga & useless Fabrizio are kept next year, I guarantee that Ducati will make a 3rd full factory bike available for him, and in the factory team.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am frigging going off about this.

Bayliss coming back :D Have read further reports from Ducati top brass that its Troy's call :thumbup:

Even if Haga & useless Fabrizio are kept next year, I guarantee that Ducati will make a 3rd full factory bike available for him, and in the factory team.

I reckon it might happen before next season...I reckon he is ready to rock and roll now!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Information via word of mouth so I don't have a link or a source for this...........

Bayliss will race at Misano June 27th :thumbup:

How freakin good would that be!!!!! :rockon:

I wonder if it true, when there will be an announcement! :popcorn:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im constantly on his web site, no updates since Portimao 2008!

There is precious little info out there regarding this, apart from the one article I found at crash.net, saying that ducati would support bayliss if he decides to go ahead with jumping back into the fray!

In fact, I found it quite strange how little there is about on the various racing websites!

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is precious little info out there regarding this, apart from the one article I found at crash.net, saying that ducati would support bayliss if he decides to go ahead with jumping back into the fray!

In fact, I found it quite strange how little there is about on the various racing websites!

Maybe its truer (if said word exists) because it hasn't been blown up & beaten around the media as much? ? ? ? ?

Hope he does it, already looking forward to SBK @ PI next year let alone Troy's potential return.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys. False leads, info & false hope. Troy will keep the leathers in the cupboard.

The dream is over. The millions of Ducati fans around the world who have had such a tough year in 2010, seeing Michel Fabrizio and Noriyuki Haga struggle with the Ducati 1198R, the rumors that three-time World Champion Troy Bayliss would make a return to World Superbikes were as if their prayers had been answered. The rumors had been rumbling since the beginning of the year, but when Bayliss tested the Ducati at Mugello earlier this year, breaking the Superbike record at the track, Bayliss himself started fueling the rumors, commenting that he was giving a comeback serious consideration.

But in a press conference held at Misano, given during the World Ducati Week festival, Bayliss shocked the assembled press by announcing that he is still officially retired, and that he intends to stay that way permanently. The comeback he had prefigured was now completely off the cards, and Bayliss had made his peace with retirement.

So what changed the Australian's mind? It was rediscovering that riding a motorcycle competitively can bring bad times, as well as good. At Mugello, Bayliss told the press, everything had gone perfectly, and he had thoroughly enjoyed himself, rekindling the fire for racing again. But at Misano, he had spent a day filled with frustration, trying to get the Ducati to work around the track, and going nowhere. "That's when it hit me, and it was hard things like that that I didn't miss about racing," he said. That experience completely changed the Australian's mind, and he decided on Friday night that it was over. His future now was simple: "I'm retired and I'm happy," Bayliss said.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys. False leads, info & false hope. Troy will keep the leathers in the cupboard.

The dream is over. The millions of Ducati fans around the world who have had such a tough year in 2010, seeing Michel Fabrizio and Noriyuki Haga struggle with the Ducati 1198R, the rumors that three-time World Champion Troy Bayliss would make a return to World Superbikes were as if their prayers had been answered. The rumors had been rumbling since the beginning of the year, but when Bayliss tested the Ducati at Mugello earlier this year, breaking the Superbike record at the track, Bayliss himself started fueling the rumors, commenting that he was giving a comeback serious consideration.

But in a press conference held at Misano, given during the World Ducati Week festival, Bayliss shocked the assembled press by announcing that he is still officially retired, and that he intends to stay that way permanently. The comeback he had prefigured was now completely off the cards, and Bayliss had made his peace with retirement.

So what changed the Australian's mind? It was rediscovering that riding a motorcycle competitively can bring bad times, as well as good. At Mugello, Bayliss told the press, everything had gone perfectly, and he had thoroughly enjoyed himself, rekindling the fire for racing again. But at Misano, he had spent a day filled with frustration, trying to get the Ducati to work around the track, and going nowhere. "That's when it hit me, and it was hard things like that that I didn't miss about racing," he said. That experience completely changed the Australian's mind, and he decided on Friday night that it was over. His future now was simple: "I'm retired and I'm happy," Bayliss said.

Was probably a case of the Missus freaking out, watching Rossi bin it, and watching M.Schumacher struggle a bit of re-entering Formula 1 after retiring 3 years ago...

It's a pity we wont see Troy race again in the World Supers, but, he has given us plenty enough good memories as it is...would hate to see the boy come back and it go all pear-shaped!

:thumbup:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Bayliss Faster Than Haga and Fabrizio at Misano Test

Troy Bayliss may not be making a comeback to World Superbike racing, but he showed he still has what it takes to out-pace the current Xerox Ducati factory squad during testing at Misano. Bayliss showed strong riding at the Mugello test a few weeks ago, but at Misano he was half a second faster than Fabrizio, and nearly a full second ahead of Noriyuki Haga’s best time.

Bayliss lapped a 1′35.6 around Misano, compared to Fabrizio’s 1′36.0 and Haga’s 1′36.4. Talking about the days of testing Bayliss said, ”I’m happy with how it all went and hope my feedback can help Nori and Michel, but I’m also tired because we’ve had a lot to do during this edition of WDW, both on and off track!”

The testing wasn’t all roses for Bayliss, who had a difficult time getting the Ducati to go around the track in the early session. This reminded the Superbike star that not everything was easy in motorcycle racing, which rekindled the reasons Bayliss left the sport in the first place.

As such, Bayliss concluded the day reminding everyone that he wouldn’t be making a return to WSBK racing. “As I said during Saturday’s WDW press conference, I have made up my mind and I won’t be coming back to the racing but I will undertake one more Superbike test later this year, just before the Imola SBK round, as agreed with Ducati at the start of the season,” said the Australian.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not just faster, almost half a second up on Fabrizio who has been racing the bike for the past 18 months where Troy has barely thrown a leg over the bike/a bike in general.

Troy's the man :rockon: