Two Brothers Carbon Fibre Exhaust - Boneman

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Product:Two Brothers Carbon Fibre Slip-On Exhaust
Purchased: iMotorcycle Store - Home- best prices I found on the net!
Cost: $920.00 CDN incl shipping & taxes
Mod time: 6-7 hours total (due to mod work of FE kit and extensive wiring)

Finally got these bad boys installed and modified this weekend to exactly how I wanted. I ended up modifying the TB (Two Bro's) FE and combining it with my existing FAZAR6 FE kit. This was a personal choice for several reasons:

- FAZAR6 kit is well built, funcional and nice looking
- The TB FE kit is just a chunk of unpainted, stamped steel. Not a lot of thought went into this IMHO considering you're paying $900+ for this kit!!

So, in a nut shell the FAZAR6 FE kit WILL work with TB exhausts....with some minor modifications that I will outline below.

So the process all starts with removing the stock exhaust. Takes about 10 min to get off. Much easier than I would have imagined and man does it weigh a ton!.

DSCF3753.JPG

DSCF3755.JPG

DSCF3757.JPG

The TB cans are loose fitted to the Y pipe and the y pipe installed to the cat pipe. Keep everything loose fitted while you are working.

DSCF3773.JPG

I then had to spend quite some time figuring out how to mount the FE kit. The TB kit puts the plate at the far back of the bike (not tucked under) near the end of the exhaust. I liked having my FE further down under the bike. But as I stood back and looked at the placment if I kept the stock position of my FAZAR6 FE kit, I noticed that the nice new 'lines' of the exhaust would be messed up.

You can see here in these pictures the two mounting locations I had to choose from. The TB FE is right up under the exhaust tips. The FAZAR6 kit up tucked under farther, but you can see how it dosen't look quite right. The exhaust cans go 'upwards' at a nice angle, but the FAZAR6 FE kit and mounting support almsot go down in the opposite direction.

DSCF3794.JPG

DSCF3796.JPG

So I deceided to keep the nicer lines of the bike, that I would go with using the TB FE kit, but would incorporate the FAZAR6 kit into it.

Here is the stock TB FE kit painted matte black (it comes un painted)

DSCF3782.JPG

In order to monut the FAZAR6 FE kit to it, I removed the turn signal and license plate mounts from each end.

DSCF3800.JPG

DSCF3801.JPG

I drilled 2 holes into the top of the FAZAR6 FE kit in oder to bolt the two pieces together. I might have been able to use the existing mounting holes in the FAZAR6 FE, but I wanted to move it as far back as possible on the TB FE piece.

DSCF3802.JPG

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I also wanted to use the supplied and smaller turn signals that came with the TB kit. So in order to mount them to the FAZAR6 FE kit that was desigend to take the much larger and oval shaped turn signals, I had to use and painted up some large washers with a 3/8" ID.

DSCF3789.JPG

DSCF3791.JPG

And with all that you now get THIS:

DSCF3805.JPG

I also repositioned my LED brake light pods and mounted them to the sides of the license plate light housing using 3M double sided tape. I also drilled holes through the housing to run the wires to the back of the FE.

I also wanted to re-use the exisiting/stock license plate light & housing. TB gives you 2 neat little plate 'nuts' that contain 1 white LED each and these are now supposed to be your plate lights. Asside from probably not being 100% legal (not that I really give a rat a$$), they are a stupid design in that it is all one piece that has to be put through your plate, THEN wired up to the bike!! So basically, unless you can find and use some mini quick disconnect connectors that are small enough to go through your plate mounting holes, once you wire them up, you plate is on for good untill you cut the wires. I thought it was a stupid design and didn't use them. Up untill this afternoon I didn't even have a license plate as I turned mine in a while back while the bike was off the road. I might add them to the bottom holes of the plate and have them shine upwards on the plate.

DSCF3806.JPG

Created a new wiring harness that runs up the back of the TB FE and brings all the wires out the top of the FE (under the rear cowel, by the tail light)

DSCF3810.JPG

DSCF3811.JPG

Next I mounted the modified FE kit into place between the cans.

DSCF3813.JPG

Seeing as the metal of the TB FE kit runs very close proximity to the carbon fibre cans, I used some channeld rubber and slid it on over each side of the FE to stop bare metal from possibly rubbing and causing damage to the CF cans. Again, to me this is another example of the lack of forethought on Two Brother's part. You have a roungh cut chunk of metal milimeters away fomr expensive carbon fibre cans!!!

DSCF3814.JPG

DSCF3783.JPG

Next to modifying the FE kits, the wiring took the longest to do. I ran the wiring down the inside of the rear cowel where there already is a wiring harness. There is a fair ammount of room in there. I took my time with the wiring and soldered and heat shrunk every connection; no wire splices used at all!

DSCF3816.JPG

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
So 5 hours later I was done! I really had to take my time with this mod and be thinking two steps ahead as changing one thing, usually effects another on the bike.

DSCF3818.JPG

DSCF3820.JPG

DSCF3824.JPG

DSCF3826.JPG

And of course no mod is complete without a victory pop! Cheers!

DSCF3827.JPG

I will try to get some vid and sound clips up soon. There are more pictures of the isntallation here if you wish to view them: Index of /fazed3/Images/mods/exhaust/

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks great! :)
My battle's yet to be fought when my Scorpions arrive. I have the same FAZAR6 FE kit, so will be interested to see what I need to do to "blend" it all together.
Nice job.:thumbup:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome post Boneman!! For some reason Im craving an ice cold Corona right now:thumbup:

hellstormer

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow Boneman, superb job !!! Well done !!! Wish that I can install one here...droopzz... I'll dream of it tonite... Any means to share how it sound ???

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Kick ass Boneman!! These look amazing... and sound even better... too bad we can`t meet up for a ride somewhere :)

On a side note, any news on the little project you mentioned to me a while back? :rockon:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Kick ass Boneman!! These look amazing... and sound even better... too bad we can`t meet up for a ride somewhere :)

On a side note, any news on the little project you mentioned to me a while back? :rockon:

Thanks! They are really loud!! I see people on the diewalk turning around to check out what the noise is before I even get to them! Might have to start wearing some ear plugs for longer rides.

Would love to hook up with ya for a ride...someday....

The 'project' we spoke about is in the works and I should have somthing for you next week. I hope to get some time in on it this weekend. :thumbup: