The new 016's

ChromeX

Reaction score
Visit site
First off would like to say Thank You to my 11K set of 021's. 11K miles front had enough-rear could have gone another 2K easy (saving for if the hard times continue). They (rear) only "puckered" me once think it was something on road. Never ran them all the way to the edge.
Getting older by the day "mentally" and needing a bit more security I decided to go with a new set of 016's vs the 021(023).
Put some "heater hose" extensions on foot peg feelers to gauge the "take it easy" scrub in process.
300 miles now into it and about 2 inches left of the hose the tires are feeling very good and looking good i.e. it's pretty cool to stop and look, see, feel the different compounds and gauge lean angle to tire scrub. I have to also say it's building my confidence; there is a whole lot of tire left even with 2 inches of hose left the lean angle is quite a ways over.
Like I say "older" ... it hurts more and don't heal as fast soooooo will be heading to very large parking lot "a control" environment for the last of the scrub/mental. Don't plan on being that close to the edge on the street but do know there are things that change plans and need to be ready... me and the tires --- NOTE/REMINDER: NEW TIRES DO SLIP! I can feel it when getting on to a new part soooo take it serious and take it easy... be patient!
I think I'm going to leave the hose on... sort of a yellow zone; chill your not on a track... still can have fun with "Reserve".
Ed