Wolfy's pictorial tribute to a Superstar Part 4: Barry Sheene!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, i know it's a WSB round this weekend, but i have been hanging to profile this guy! Barry Sheene, Racer, Commentator, Trailblazer, "Ladies Man", Legend!

One of the most popular, and greatest British Riders ever, even more so for fact that Barry helped mould the modern sport of GP racing...

World 500CC World Champion in 1976, 1977. 1973, FIM Formula 750 Champion.

He also invented the back protector!

Barry Sheene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Barry Sheene ? An amazing life - | Motorbike reviews | Latest Bike Videos | MCN

Barry Sheene | The Official MotoGP Website

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hug3fZ3TYP4]YouTube - BARRY SHEENE - THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK-nBOckayE&feature=related]YouTube - Barry Sheen Crash Daytona 170mph and hospital views[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJTFSFkALt8&feature=related]YouTube - Best Bits Of Barry Sheen On RPM[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChuyTfMaJKI&feature=related]YouTube - Barry Sheene & Wayne Gardner talk about Crashing[/ame]

View attachment 27436

View attachment 27437

View attachment 27438

View attachment 27439

View attachment 27440

View attachment 27441

View attachment 27442

View attachment 27443

View attachment 27444

View attachment 27445

:bow:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Baz had his priorities in order.

You know the Faster DVD, he was asked what he likes about Gp, his answer 'The crumpet' :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's a bit illustrative of the fact that Bazza was so popular in Australia, that it is only Aussie's that have posted, or expressed thanks for this thread!

I thought the British Forum Members would be everywhere in here....singing the praises of one of their greatest racers!

I suppose, His Family live in Oz now, and in fact, his son, is back in Europe at the Moment, working as a spanner man for one of the World MX Championshio teams, if my memory serves me correctly...

:thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. Barry Sheene was my first idol as a kid - I even write continental 7's because of him! I used to watch him race in the UK - Mallory Park.

I was lucky enough to meet him about 2 years before he died at Rally Australia at North Bannister, WA.

Honorary Australian. True larakin.

Booze, smokes, women and racing - last of the "boys".

His son races too - Freddie. He's not too bad - lot to live up to though.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Miss you heaps Barry :( R.I.P you funny little bugger :thumbup:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoQ6HpBuJaI]YouTube - Sheene Replica RG500[/ame]

I know they are crap phone pic's but this is the real deal , Barry Sheene's own personal V-Max for sale right here in the flesh :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Miss you heaps Barry :( R.I.P you funny little bugger :thumbup:
YouTube - Sheene Replica RG500

I know they are crap phone pic's but this is the real deal , Barry Sheene's own personal V-Max for sale right here in the flesh :thumbup:

Have you seen the Bazza Sheene collection of bikes that is still at his home on the Gold Coast? He actually restored quite a few of the bikes himself...

Spanner man to the end!

And yes Dan, i miss Bazza heaps too....Bike racing commentary in Australia will never be the same without Bazza's incredible knowledge, humour, and awesome sarcasm!

The World truely is a poorer place without Bazza!

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In memory of Baz, he deserves so much credit for what he has done to get Australian riders overseas.

If it wasn't for him, we probably wouldn't be jumping around like idiots over the achievements of King Mick, Super Troy, the other Troy, Captain America Matt, Resume (CV if you don't get it!), Milky Bar Kid etc etc etc etc....

Sorry, too many beers already this arvo :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In memory of Baz, he deserves so much credit for what he has done to get Australian riders overseas.

If it wasn't for him, we probably wouldn't be jumping around like idiots over the achievements of King Mick, Super Troy, the other Troy, Captain America Matt, Resume (CV if you don't get it!), Milky Bar Kid etc etc etc etc....

Sorry, too many beers already this arvo :thumbup:

Yep, Bazza has done lots for Australian Racers....i think without doubt, he is right up there with Wayne Gardner & Mick Doohan for raising the profile of Australian Bike Racing in the last 20 years....

Wayne & Mick, more so for their achievements in World Championship racing...Wayne blazed the trail with his 500CC World Title, Mick took it infinitely further with his 5 World Titles!

:thumbup: