Tail Bag Suggestions

J

jeffm

I am interested in adding a Tail Bag to my FZ and was looking for some advice on which would fit my needs for daily commuting. I'm sure there are folks with experience with the different bags. Here is what I think I'm looking for:

- Just needs to fit a Lap top and pair of shoes for work

- Should be easy to remove and reattach

- Have some kind of shoulder strap to carry into the office

- If possible secure connection when I may want to leave it attached (just a nice to have not necessary)

Thanks

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll tell you what I did, I went to Wal-Mart, went to the luggage section, found this large back pack called "Swiss Alps" for about 40 bucks, took it home, gave it about 3 coats of Scotch-Guard fabric protector( beads water), placed it on the bike(zipers toward the tail light), slid the shoulder straps through the open part of the passenger handles at the back and twist them around the bar twice, ran the straps thorogh the little holes at the frount of the passenger handles, run the straps back through the buckles, pulled them tight, tied the leftover strap back to the bar. This thing won't budge and it only takes about 1 minute to put it on and about 30 seconds to take it back off. It has a handle on top so I don't have to put the straps back in the buckles when I take I off. The bag holds tons of stuff. Here are some pics of it.;)

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Tour Master Cortech tail bag and it meets those requirements minus the security feature. I like the bag. It comes with the shoulder strap and rain cover (I found out that works well on Wed. morning). I think I'm going to get the saddle bags that match. I attach the front bungies to the passenger foot pegs and wrap the back bungies around the back of the passenger handle bars and connect it to the front bungy. It seems to work well for me.

J

jeffm

Thanks for the replies. This is very helpful information it may be less expensive to try and fab something.

I

Iowa Boy

fz6xlr8r
Thanks for the suggestion. I was trying to decide what to do for storage also but I really wanted to get something that could fit my helmet if possible. I'm heading for Telluride and then Moab and wanted to be able to pack a leather jacket or helmet or whatever. Took your suggestion and after a trip to Wally Mart I have mounted this bag as suggested. It looks good and sits somewhat flat when empty. Best of all I can just get my full face helmet in it when needed. Looks like it will hold lots of stuff and it still looks good. Thanks again.