SPOILER: Moto GP Rd2: Jerez - Results, race reports, and reactions!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lorenzo rides to first victory of 2010 at Jerez!

Well it was a pretty mundane race for the most of what i saw of it, as i fell asleep with about 10 laps to go, with Lorenzo in 3rd, only to wake to find out he had won!

Anyway, here is the official race report from the Moto GP website.

Lorenzo rides to first victory of 2010 at Jerez | The Official MotoGP Website

Awesome ride from 3 of the "Aliens", with Stoney struggling a little back in 5th, great to see Nicky Hayden doing so well again...

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
More....full results....

1. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 45m 17.538s
2. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 45m 18.081s
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 45m 18.428s
4. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 45m 26.553s
5. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 45m 27.572s
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 45m 40.682s
7. Mika Kallio FIN Pramac Racing 45m 52.027s
8. Marco Melandri ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 45m 52.225s
9. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 45m 53.698s
10. Alvaro Bautista SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 45m 54.329s
11. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 45m 54.693s
12. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 45m 55.798s
13. Hector Barbera SPA Paginas Amarillas Aspar 45m 55.909s
14. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Interwetten Honda MotoGP 46m 19.59s
15. Aleix Espargaro SPA Pramac Racing +3laps

DNF:
Ben Spies USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3
Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stacey struggling "a little"? Thats generous, he was nowhere in this race. He finished over ten seconds down, unlike his team mate who has more than double his points in the championship after a second 4th of the season.

The last few laps were pretty wild though, Lorenzo first catching and passing Rossi then a few suicidal moves on Pedrosa including some fairing banging before finally bullying his way through.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another classy (& brave :D) ride from Lorenzo. He seems to have his head screwed on the right way this year.

Quite an exciting race all in all.

Stoner has got some work to do but its still early, "anything can happen in the next 16 races"

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stacey struggling "a little"? Thats generous, he was nowhere in this race. He finished over ten seconds down, unlike his team mate who has more than double his points in the championship after a second 4th of the season.

The last few laps were pretty wild though, Lorenzo first catching and passing Rossi then a few suicidal moves on Pedrosa including some fairing banging before finally bullying his way through.

Obviously not a Stoner fan! I thought it was funny when one of the Commentators called Casey, Stacey, by "mistake"...he will improve, he is too much of a talent not to, whether you like him, or not...

Must watch these last few laps you speak of....

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously not a Stoner fan! I thought it was funny when one of the Commentators called Casey, Stacey, by "mistake"...he will improve, he is too much of a talent not to, whether you like him, or not...

Must watch these last few laps you speak of....

No I am not a Stoner fan at all. Several of us here in the local have been calling him Stacey for a while. :) I was happy to see Hayden outride him today.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lorenzo rides to first victory of 2010 at Jerez!

Well it was a pretty mundane race for the most of what i saw of it, as i fell asleep with about 10 laps to go, with Lorenzo in 3rd, only to wake to find out he had won!

You too! I crashed around lap 15, bored as **** watching the Robot do what he does best, only lead a race in Spain!

Glad I recorded it & watching it in full now. Lorenzo's swim cracked me up.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Parts were boring, but towards the end - the fight between the Jockey and Hip Hip Horray were pretty good.

Loved him jumping in the lake at the end. Enjoyed it.

Oh, and I wonder what excuse Casey has. I mean, Hayden totally outrode him.

Roll on Le Mans :thumbup:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Loved him jumping in the lake at the end. Enjoyed it.

That was the best bit - Lorenzo in the lake. That's is one thing I love in MotoGP over F1, etc - is the celebrations at the end.

Valentino's excuse "I didn't want to spoil the Spanish party" :D:D

When was the last time Casey finished behind his team mate (when they both finished the race)????

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

QUOTE]

I reckon his excuse would of been simple...i was not fast enough, my bike was not as good as the others...i have to work harder!!!

In reality, Casey has always stuggled here a little, and it is a Yamaha track...

Am glad the Nicky did so well, for him (he deserves a break), and it also means that Casey might get some set up help back the other way for once....

Oh, and how often has Casey been beaten by his team mate....not as many times as Rossi has by Lorenzo!!!! :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I enjoyed the little scrap between Milandri and Simoncelli :D

Yeah, pity it was not closer to the front of the racing order. Both riders i really like, and Simoncelli still looks like a giant on the bike, i thought this might change a bit when he got on the "bigger" Moto GP machine...

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, pity it was not closer to the front of the racing order. Both riders i really like, and Simoncelli still looks like a giant on the bike, i thought this might change a bit when he got on the "bigger" Moto GP machine...

Yes, he's gigantic on the bike and one of my favorite riders.

n509278_simoncelli_24.slideshow.jpg

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site

His excuse, 'someone put chocolate milk in my water bottle as a very stupid joke, and being lactose intolerant I began to feel weak & tired after about 5 laps................................'

Dammit, got to stop teasing him.

Back to the serious stuff, Lorenzo rode very very clever for that win. Rossi just did what he had to do considering his injury. Hayden is showing some serious form, good on him for holding off Casey.

Does anyone know why Spies pulled out? He had a cracker start and then dissapeared.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
His excuse, 'someone put chocolate milk in my water bottle as a very stupid joke, and being lactose intolerant I began to feel weak & tired after about 5 laps................................'

Dammit, got to stop teasing him.

Back to the serious stuff, Lorenzo rode very very clever for that win. Rossi just did what he had to do considering his injury. Hayden is showing some serious form, good on him for holding off Casey.

Does anyone know why Spies pulled out? He had a cracker start and then dissapeared.

LOL! Nice "Stacey' joke!

Re Spies....

Spies explains first MotoGP DNF | MotoGP News | May 2010 | Crash.Net

Sounds like his bike was playing funny buggers! Maybe someone put milk in his forks, instead of fork oil! ;)

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats an ureal pic.

Want to get it blown up & put on the garage wall (when I get round to the motorcycle montage I have planned)