Had my wheels marked up! I'm sick about it!

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought new tires last week and when they came in I went to have them put on at the Yamaha dealer. They are a new dealer in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. When I took my wheels in they were clean with no marks on them. I asked them if they had a tire changer for motorcycles and they said they did. I told them I just finished putting stripes on the wheels and I didn`t want to see them destroyed. Well they took them next door to the car dealer they also own to change the tires. When they took them back over and I looked to make sure everything looked good I found the paint scratched right off to bare metal but the stripe were ok. I was pretty upset and I told him I was not happy with there work. He told me he would give me the money back for the work done. If I wanted my wheels marked up I would have let anyone do it. I took it to them because they are professionals and they knew what they were doing. I was wrong! So I send a email to Yamaha Canada telling them what happened. I doubt they will do anything but its worth a try. I love there bike but I am sure not happy with there service. I will never go there again for anything.:disapprove:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that is horrible, anyone that has any idea how to change a tire can do it without marking up the wheels. Is this a Yamaha dealer? I would submit a bill to them for the cost of new wheels. If they laugh it off, then take them to court.

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it was the Yamaha dealer in Antigohish, Nova Scotia, Canada. I did send Yamaha Canada a letter and I also mentioned that the two new bikes I bought from them were scratched when I bought them. The dealer scratched the tank using a razor blade to take the warning stickers of the tank for me. It was a 1995 1100 Virago. Them they scratched the nose piece when they put it together. They blamed it on shipping but I know better. The scratch is right by the allan key bolts on the side. I know what happened. It slipped because they were not carefull. If you make a mistake at least admit to it instead of passing the blame. I doubt it will help by contacting Yamaha but its worth a try. I told them if they didn't want to do anything about it I would be sure to spread the word. I will let you guys know what happens.