Group Buy: Magura Hymec Hydraulic Clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been contacted by Magura to see if there is any interest in a group buy for their new Hydraulic Clutch for the FZ (For your friends; the system also fits the following: Kawasaki: 09' Z750' 06-09' ER6N, 07-10 Versys; Suzuki: 99-08' SV650.

Please See my recent post regarding the install:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/30296-finally-hydraulic-clutch.html

*UPDATE*

Well, it appears we now have all of the information for the Hydraulic Unit, Master Cylinder Options, and Lever availability: so I thought I would update and summarize the thread.

Group Buy Purchase Information:
Product: Magura Hymec 167 Hydraulic Clutch Kit
Website: Magura Controls ProductFinder | HYMEC "Street" (FZ6 Fazer, SV650, ...)
Suggested Retail Price: $390 USD plus Shipping
Group Discount Price: $280 USD plus Shipping
Required Number of Participants: (5) Quota Met, Any may Purchase!

Stock Photo:

Installed:

Aftermarket Levers for Hymec 167:

ASV: Levers are in the beginning stages of production. ASV research department was unable to give me an exact availability date but said to estimate at least a month.

*Update 11/01/2010: The current economic situation has delayed the production of the ASV lever. The development is complete but the manufacturing will not resume until the beginning of next year. I have been placed on their e-mail update mailing list. I will update the post as I receive more information.*

Pazzo: Not and Will Not be available. From Pazzo Sales when asked if they will manufacture for this unit;
"Chances are slim to none.
The volume of these on the market is just not high enough to justify the R&D costs to make a lever for it. As to making a one off, the first one off the production line costs a small fortune. So without confirmed pre sold of 100 or more it won’t happen
Regards
Markus"

CRG: Uknown

Future Master Cylinder Options:
The kit will be Available (for an up-charge) with the Magura Radial 195 Master Cylinder.

Website: Magura Controls ProductFinder | Radialkupplung 195 (Ø 12 mm, MINERALÖL)

Benefits: Efficient radial style master. Matching brake master cylinder available. Allows ample space for the FZ6 left hand switch assembly. Great Looks! Also, the Magura 195 Radial Master is OEM of the KTM Superduke 990; Therefore, nearly all brands of aftermarket levers are available (ASV, Pazzo, CRG, Rizoma, and More)

Radial 195 Clutch Master Cylinder (Currently only available in silver)

Radial 195 Brake Master Cylinder

Magura Contact Information
Peter Ubellacker
MAGURA USA
724 W Clem
Olney, IL 62450

p 618 395 2200 ext. 223
c 618 838 7941
f 618 395 4711

[email protected]

So, if anyone is truly interested please PM me or contact Peter @ Magura Directly. I will try to answer any remaining questions that may still be out there (Including the up-charge amount of the radial units).

Otherwise Ride Safe and Thank You for reading

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do have any photos of the product? I looking on the Magura site they only list Buell XB, and Harley, no mention of the FZ. :confused:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do have any photos of the product? I looking on the Magura site they only list Buell XB, and Harley, no mention of the FZ. :confused:

The thread link in the post has photos of the product as received and installed. The kit is so new that it hasn't even really made it to their website yet. The only place i can offer a "catalog" is in the following link:

Catalogue Seurat Puissance 3

See page 67 (lower right of page) for the Hymec 167. Screen-shot Below.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update: Magura replied to my quantity VS. Discount e-mail with the following;

"If you can get 4 or 5 together for clutches I am thinking about $ 280.00 plus shipping.

Peter"

I have had some serious consideration but nothing concrete. Pleas let me know.

Last edited:

dnellans

Reaction score
Visit site
For 280 + shipping I'm in. The clutch pull was the one complaint I had about the bike when I picked it up from abacall - and he even mentioned that there was a hydro upgrade. So this is great timing for me!

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been contacted by Magura to see if there is any interest in a group buy for their new Hydraulic Clutch for the FZ (For your friends; the system also fits the following: Kawasaki: 09' Z750' 06-09' ER6N, 07-10 Versys; Suzuki: 99-08' SV650.
See my recent post regarding the install:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/30296-finally-hydraulic-clutch.html

I need to know if there would be any interest and the price range participants would be willing to pay. It seems to me that this may be somewhat of a marketing/advertisement to get the product name into the market. FYI: The MSRP is currently $390 USD; I got it shipped to my door for $357.

Let me know.

Thank You!

Thanks for the update Skooter. I realized that I'd only viewed the thread at work, there photos are blocked. Duh...

Looks and sounds like a great product.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is the lever replaceable with a Pazzo or CRG?
The verdict is still out on aftermarket levers. I Have contacted ASV and Pazzo. Both said that they should have/can make something work for this unit as it is very similar to those used on KTM and other OEM Magura users. I must say though, the lever is much nicer than the stock; smooth, anodized black finish was well done.

I will keep you updated when i hear more

I would also like to know if i can reuse my Pazzo clutch lever?
Sorry FZ6-ZN, but the lever for the hydraulic master is considerably different than that of the stock set-up...so, no "reuse"

Last edited:

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
im thinking of it too but im kind of "money for the bike-short" for the next 20 days cause i just bought a helmet and an fz1 bar so if this is still alive i'll probably be in if there is not a problem that i live @ the other side of the planet !

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im thinking of it too but im kind of "money for the bike-short" for the next 20 days cause i just bought a helmet and an fz1 bar so if this is still alive i'll probably be in if there is not a problem that i live @ the other side of the planet !

Other side of the planet is no problem; The parts would likely be shipping out of their German Facility anyway. The time shouldn't be an issue either. Most everyone would like to be able to use an aftermarket lever with the master cylinder; this is still in the works. Thank you for the interest!

thieu

Reaction score
Visit site
First wanted to say, Thanks for all to work your putting in here! I was wondering what the upgrade to the 195 Radial lever would be - that part looks really nice!!

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The verdict is still out on aftermarket levers. I Have contacted ASV and Pazzo. Both said that they should have/can make something work for this unit as it is very similar to those used on KTM and other OEM Magura users. I must say though, the lever is much nicer than the stock; smooth, anodized black finish was well done.

I will keep you updated when i hear more

Sorry FZ6-ZN, but the lever for the hydraulic master is considerably different than that of the stock set-up...so, no "reuse"

What about the manufacturer of the clutch? Are they planning on selling matching levers? I like this item, but, I am not sure about mismatched levers.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First wanted to say, Thanks for all to work your putting in here! I was wondering what the upgrade to the 195 Radial lever would be - that part looks really nice!!

It's really no problem at all. I have found that i actually enjoy the research and have learned alot about the products and companies in the meantime (ASV, bye the way, has a great R&D department; down to earth and very willing to discuss). I will try to find out Monday what the cost of the system would be substituting the 195 radial.

What about the manufacturer of the clutch? Are they planning on selling matching levers? I like this item, but, I am not sure about mismatched levers.

I had not even though of going that route. I will pose the question in my e-mail on Monday. Good Call!

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
Any update on this?

I like the kit, however, will Magura offer it with the radial mount cluch lever (so the lever can sit closer to the left-hand controls)?

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any update on this?

I like the kit, however, will Magura offer it with the radial mount cluch lever (so the lever can sit closer to the left-hand controls)?

Unfortunately my main contact (Peter) has been on vacation so I do not have alot of new information other than this:

Radial Master Cylinders are available for purchase at any time for this kit. However, they currently only have Silver left hand models (Clutch master Cylinders). Me, being picky, would like it in black of the gun-metal bluish color of the available Brake master.

Levers:

Nothing from Pazzo:(

ASV: Received a voice mail yesterday afternoon from Bob in the R&D Department. They have received prototype levers from Magura and are in the final stages of engineering of their own brand. He was unable to give a drop dead availability date but they are definitely in the works:):)

I appreciate all of the comments and must say that I am still extremely happy with this purchase. If anyone is ever is the eastern part of CT, feel free to come by and give the clutch a squeeze...smooth as butter;)

Status
Not open for further replies.