my first modification

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
i would like to thank boneman for the excellent advice on frame sliders. i put mine on today, used some lock-tite, and wrenched them down to what i hope is a comfortable level (for the bike)

i am thinking, is this first mod the one i hope i never get to use?

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice. I've been thinking about sliders, but haven't gone there yet. I did drop my bike on it's side, but was lucky as He!! and didn't put a scratch on the engine.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Ahh yes....sliders were my first mod too. Just wait my friend....mod madness is only just begining!! (get a 2nd job, it helps!!) ;)

Looks like they improved their trade markings! Are they engraved into the slider now? My Motovation's had these lame stickers that had already half peeled off before I even got them on the bike...

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh yes....sliders were my first mod too. Just wait my friend....mod madness is only just begining!! (get a 2nd job, it helps!!) ;)

Looks like they improved their trade markings! Are they engraved into the slider now? My Motovation's had these lame stickers that had already half peeled off before I even got them on the bike...

I use the uncaged but I wish I'd had them on day one of ownership! MY wife insisted she try the bike after we bought it. Less than two hours off the truck and she was up the street trying to turn around. She came to a stop and the bike started leaning over and she wasn't strong enough to hold it up but she was able to lay it over on the right without letting it just fall. It scratched the right mirror, blinker and took off a little paint on the engine. Slightly bent the right foot peg. Nothing it really noticable but I know that it is there. Had I had the sliders, I don't think there would be any of this damage. Ordered them 3 days later though and she hasn't been on the bike since. She's got her own that more suits her size!