belly pan / lower cowl

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Where is a good place to buy a belly pan/lower cowl (painted) for an '08? Yamaha wants $300 for it and wild hair accessories doesn't have them painted for much less. where else can i find one?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where is a good place to buy a belly pan/lower cowl (painted) for an '08? Yamaha wants $300 for it and wild hair accessories doesn't have them painted for much less. where else can i find one?

Hey Doc, Try Stadium Yamaha in Dallas. They are asking $239.00 for the '07 OEM belly pan. They only list up to '07 on their web site I'm sure the could get you the '08 for the same price.

2007 Yamaha FZ6 Yamaha Lower Cowl Kits at Stadium Yamaha

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is starting to look a little better! Thanks Top.

One Team, One Fight! If you get one let me know what you think. I've been eyeballing the blue one, I heard that they make your bike 10% faster! :Sport:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmmmmm. on the U.S. site they seem to be the same thing...
What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

I think the term cowl in the UK is what we would call lower fairing. Where as in the US Belly Pan/Cowl is the same difference?

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup:You got it some people over here refer to fairing as cowls. I chop and change and generally confuse my self which doesn't give you guys mush chance :thumbup:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup:You got it some people over here refer to fairing as cowls. I chop and change and generally confuse my self which doesn't give you guys mush chance :thumbup:

thats o.k. after i realized you were from the U.K. i figured you probobly don't know "What you talkin' 'bout Willis" is from :thumbup:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
also if you have one how sturdy are they? last nite I hit a tire re-tread in the road and it left a mark on my pipes but im thinking it may have completly removed the bellypan (if I had one). will this be a problem?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the '06 blue from https://www.rickroushaccessories.com/store/index.php about 2 weeks ago. They too only list up to '07, but I'm sure you could contact them and find out if they could get an '08 for you. $224 and about $240 with shipping. It does take a while to get it, though. I should have mine in the next couple of days, so if you're wanting it fast, these aren't your guys. The reason is because after you place your order, they order the part from Yamaha directly and have it shipped to them and they then ship it to you. Great to deal with, though. I'd recommend them.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the '06 blue from https://www.rickroushaccessories.com/store/index.php about 2 weeks ago. They too only list up to '07, but I'm sure you could contact them and find out if they could get an '08 for you. $224 and about $240 with shipping. It does take a while to get it, though. I should have mine in the next couple of days, so if you're wanting it fast, these aren't your guys. The reason is because after you place your order, they order the part from Yamaha directly and have it shipped to them and they then ship it to you. Great to deal with, though. I'd recommend them.

I just sent them a message asking if they have access to the full lower for the 07+ and if so what the cost will be. I'll see if they have them available.