Powerslides!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DARsTJkqBXs&feature=related]YouTube - Powerslides - Motorbike Drifting Lone Rider Mix[/ame]

I love watching bikes powerslide, sorta brutally graceful!

:rockon:

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm no super skilled rider, but there used to be this turn (it's probably still there) that I could get into a controlled slide in. It wasn't much of a slide, but it was fun.:BLAA:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm no super skilled rider, but there used to be this turn (it's probably still there) that I could get into a controlled slide in. It wasn't much of a slide, but it was fun.:BLAA:

Some of the guys in that videoi, take controlled sliding to the ultimate level...and they do it like it's second nature....

I can do small power slides when really on it, but i think i like my body & bike the way they are too much, too try and emulate anyone of the riders in that video...maybe in a past life, before i had kids, and responsiblity! but for now, i am just gonna marvel at the skills of those more talented/brave than myself!

:thumbup:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
To even be able to trust your bike and your own skills is awesome, i look at a white line and go be careful, this guy went lets get as low as i can and slide over them.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was beautiful to watch....

(much better than the dingoes business rofl :p)

One day I will be making videos like this of myself.....

ok.....maybe not EXACTLY like these guys......

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was beautiful to watch....

(much better than the dingoes business rofl :p)

One day I will be making videos like this of myself.....

ok.....maybe not EXACTLY like these guys......

Yes it was beautiful to watch...much more so than your bloody seals Lone! j/k!

If you make a video like that of yourself Lone, i will bow to you, and annoint you as the FZ6 Sultan of Slide!

I wonder what the average number of bikes trashed is, for most of the guys that have mastered the skill of the powerslide????

;)

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it was beautiful to watch...much more so than your bloody seals Lone! j/k!

If you make a video like that of yourself Lone, i will bow to you, and annoint you as the FZ6 Sultan of Slide!

I wonder what the average number of bikes trashed is, for most of the guys that have mastered the skill of the powerslide????

;)

The average number is 17!! Or beyond the average mans pay for his entire life.

In actuality, can one ever master the slide to the point they have ultimate control 100% of the time? It seems like a technique that isn't purposed a lot of the time, so I am wondering if it can be mastered or controlled to the point you won't EVER crash. And edwards was godly on the one, how he managed to not flip was shocking. And his reaction was great

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
the funny thing is that most of that clip was shot at Pacific raceways my home track and the guy on the white R1 in the white leathers is kind of a local legend for is sliding skills. Also the footage that is taken from the side of the track is the top of turn 3 at the The 2009 Seattle 100

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looked like fun to me.....wish bikes were cheaper to fix....lol.:BLAA:

Yes...cheap, disposable R1's.....bin it, unwrap another one, try again!

It's either that, or find some old rich dame, and become her "Toy Boy", and get her to buy you lots of bike's, or lots of spare parts!!! :eek:

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
great vid dude
i wish i had 2% of the skills these guys had

Yes...cheap, disposable R1's.....bin it, unwrap another one, try again!

It's either that, or find some old rich dame, and become her "Toy Boy", and get her to buy you lots of bike's, or lots of spare parts!!! :eek:

r1 are ****! :p
ducati for the win!

i would happily find a older lady under 40 for this!