Wolfy's pictorial tribute to a Superstar Part 2 (WSB legends): Carl Fogarty!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, there is no Moto GP racing this weekend due to the bloody Volcano! But the World Superbikes are still racing, and as promised, i said i would do a feature on a Superbike, or other non GP racing legend, before each Superbike round this season....am doing the same for the Moto GP's too...but focusing on Moto GP legends in those threads!!!

Here's the link to the 1st of those Moto GP "Legend" threads: Wayne Rainey.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/raci...al-tribute-superstar-part-1-wayne-rainey.html

But this week, it's time to pay tribute to Mr Grumpy himself...British World Superbike Legend, Carl Fogarty! 59 World Superbike Race Wins, 4 World Superbike Championships... 94, 95, 98, 99!

Carl Fogarty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carl Fogarty - Home

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bI5ePLjW94&feature=related]YouTube - 1999 World Superbike Monza - Edwards vs. Fogarty[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiOR1b4j6BE&feature=related]YouTube - Carl Fogarty tribute[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsxGbV15Q2s&feature=related]YouTube - SUPERBIKE chili vs. fogarty[/ame]

View attachment 27025

View attachment 27026

View attachment 27027

View attachment 27028

View attachment 27029

View attachment 27030

View attachment 27031

View attachment 27032

View attachment 27033

View attachment 27034

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How's the finish in that first vid. I had 'em paused on the line, and OMFG it was close. And that Round the outside move on the last turn...sweet as:rockon:.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Foggy :thumbup:

Great rider.

He also must be thanked for doing the honourable thing of ending his career which ultimately led to the launching of another great SBK champions carrer, Super Troy Bayliss :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Foggy :thumbup:

Great rider.

He also must be thanked for doing the honourable thing of ending his career which ultimately led to the launching of another great SBK champions carrer, Super Troy Bayliss :thumbup:

Yes, it was Foggy's crash at our own Phillip Island, that opened the door for Mr Bayliss...which he jumped through without hesitation, and created his own legend!

Was never a huge fan of Foggy myself, but you cant deny his achievements at WSB.....just over 200 starts, 109 podiums, 59 wins, about 20 pole positions...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all your effort on this one :thumbup:

Brilliant rider, but I can't stand him - don't know why - just comes across as arrogant - maybe it's his sly little eyes :eek:

Very talented though

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all your effort on this one :thumbup:

Brilliant rider, but I can't stand him - don't know why - just comes across as arrogant - maybe it's his sly little eyes :eek:

Very talented though

Yes, well i didnt call him Mr Grumpy in the first post in this thread for nothing!

I actually think Carl is a bit of a tosser myself! But hey, this is about the riders talents, not how they are to share a beer with!

Speaking of which, Carl Fogarty looks like one of those nutters that would headbutt you for saying the wrong thing, after 1 too many pints!

He used to crash a bit though, which was quite satisfying!!! :D

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Plus the bloody superbike commentators on Fox - the English guy would get so excited - FOOOOOOOGGGGGGYYYYY
They sounded like Punch and Judy......

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Couple of ideas for future WSB legends - Aaron Slight or Frankie Chilie?

Aaron Slight....what a great rider...for a Kiwi! :D

And as for Frankie Chilli, he is one of my favourite riders ever...crazy as a bucket full of Piranha's, but oh so entertaining...

:rockon:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, Frankie is sort of an honourary Aussie - he's called his kids Sharon and Kevin :eek:

Ok, I think Kevin is a reference to Kevin Schwantz, BUT, Sharon is because of Aus!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aaron - brain tumour and still rode after :eek:

Frankie - check out my avatar :D

Check out this then!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2IqAsOG6k]YouTube - WSBK 1998 Monza - Race 1 - Pierfrancesco Chili Save[/ame]

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bet he had a new set of leathers for race 2 LOL

Love the guy - always gave it his all.

Frankie liked to crash lots....in fact, if you type his name into youtube, that's just about all that comes up...a whole bunch of his crashes!

Got my photo taken with Franki at the WSB at PI last year! Definitely a photographic highlight of the weekend for me...

View attachment 27053

:D

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet vids! Anyone know what Franki is on about at the end of the last one? Would love a translation! He didn't seem too happy about something :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet vids! Anyone know what Franki is on about at the end of the last one? Would love a translation! He didn't seem too happy about something :D

Wish i knew....dont speaka da lingo!

But that was another thing both Frankie, and Carl were both good at! Speaking their minds rather bluntly after a race...although Frankie always seemed to be quite likeable when "having a go", whereas Carl always came across as a grump...