$118.00 in parts for the CP pro

S

sportrider

well the total for last weekends crash came to $118.00.
I bought a pitch gauge to help with the proper set up. any of you experiance Heli pilots have any tips?:thumbup:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The whole thing is complicated and could seriously mess you up mentally! The pitch gauge is a good tool to have. I don’t recall how sophisticated the radio is that came with the CP pro in that is has 1 or 2 flight modes. If there are 2 flight modes then you want to adjust the pitch range equally both sides of mid stick collective. i.e. -8° to +8° mechanically. Then in the radio set to normal mode and adjust pitch curve for say 0° to +8° for a beginner. In idle-1 mode you should have the full mechanical range. If you don’t have more than 1 mode then mechanically set up for the 0° or -2° to +8° pitch. In any case be sure that both main blades are in track too.

S

sportrider

yes it has two flight modes. in mode 1 as you add throttle the collective increases the pitch. in mode 2 (idle up) center stick is neutral pitch. I adjusted the pitch by leveling the gauge with the flybar and checking the pitch of the rotor blades against it. I'm not sure if that is the correct way to do it the tool didn't come with instructions. I've tracked the blades visually increasing the pitch of the low blade till they track in line with each other. I also added some weight to the flybar, I heard it helps stabilize the heli until I get a good feel for it. when setting up the swashplate at what point should it be exactly level? (mid stick on the collective?)

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, $118 ain't that much considering when my friend bought his first blade CP, he went through literally, THOUSANDS of dollars from crashes. You should see him now though. He rarely flies the CP pro anymore, the bigger helicopters are much more stable.

J

jsteinb95

Dude, $118 ain't that much considering when my friend bought his first blade CP, he went through literally, THOUSANDS of dollars from crashes. You should see him now though. He rarely flies the CP pro anymore, the bigger helicopters are much more stable.

Why would he spend thousands to fix it when he could've bought a new one for $250.

The CP pro is retired from flying!

JeffrosFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Buy a trex 450V2.. alot more heli and loads of fun! I had a cp and was very hard to fly and expensive to fix. Trex costs more on the front end but its cheaper to fix (well depends on the crash).

Now if you want to spend some money get a gasser! My spectra G is awesome.... but have not crashed it yet!

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
He did buy plenty of them, but he repaired a lot of them and gained all of his experience from it. He frequently works on other people's helicopters for free stuff from his LHS. Its a pretty darn good deal he has going for himself. He sets these up for other people and test flies them. He bought the eflite 400 due to the cheaper parts. Freak accidents happen with these things, his T-Rex 600 had something tiny come loose and in it went, and thats not something you want to crash alot, very expensive crash he had there.