Visit site
Finished installing my new speedo, and it rocks :thumbup:

Check it out:

2282464020_894e8cd1c8_b.jpg

2282464122_c5b076bbba_b.jpg

2281674237_c0d52c5d7d_b.jpg

2281674219_525ecb0778_b.jpg

So I also figure out the different timer options I can play with:
- "Target Speed Timer": basically, you set the desired speed on the speedo and initiate the timer at idle... as soon as your front wheel moves, the timer starts, and it stops when you reach that speed.
Example: Reached 100mph in 7.5 seconds.

- "Target Distance Timer": set the desired distance on the speedo and initiate the timer at idle. As soon as the front wheel moves, the timer will start, and automatically stop when you reach the distance.
Ex: 1/4 mile in 10.00 seconds.

- "Top Speed Test": this timer starts when you move the front wheel, and will stop when your speed decreases. It records everything for you: distance to top speed, time it took to get to top speed, max rpm, and what the top speed was. So if you take off and go all the way to 140mph and then let the throttle go, the time will stop as soon as you hit 139mph (or whenever your speed decreases).

And finally, my favorite: the red shift light!! Currently set to 14k, with the preliminary orange light set at 13k rpms. It works great and you can keep your eyes on the road and see the big led turn on... good stuff!

Oh and my speed is calibrated perfectly, so no need to take 10% off the speedo speed anymore :)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better!!! Very slick man!

Do you think you could retro fit the fared FZ6 with this bad boy?

What was the price tag on the KOSO RX1N Speedo if you don't mind me asking?

My buddy showed me the Veypor unit the other day. It can replace your guages if you want, but it's price tag is a tad high!

Veypor - Motorcycle Performance Intelligence

ProductsVeypor.jpg

I think yours is much nicer, espcially with the analog tac and better suited for street riding. Good choice mate!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
The Veypor was my first choice as well, because it's got a lot of cool features... but its design is kindda dull and I wanted something with turn signal indicators and rpm niddle, so I ended up taking the KOSO.

Paid 240Euros (bought it from a company in France, since the price was cheaper than buying from North America lol), which translate into $350 shipped.
I had gotten a double shipment on my headlight so since I just sold the second one I had for $400, I put that cash back into the bike :Sport:

You can check here for distributors in north america... or let me know if you are interested and I can give you the site I got mine from.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Correct, my fuel gauge kindda works... I have to play with the settings a little bit to finalize it.

It has all the following: rpm, speed, signals, high beam, speeding light (you can set it to whatever you want and it`ll remind you if you`re going to fast by flashing a red light), 2 temperature gauges (that you can fit anywhere you want), the timers I mentioned above, clock, 2 trip meters, odometer, shift light, engine warning light, oil warning light (engine and oil I could not get to work, since the signals are not compatible... but I don`t care about the oil level, since I do my maintenance on time, and too bad for the engine warning light :)).

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Crap man... I haven't even finished installing or paying for my Two Bros and now you planted this mod 'seed' into my head!!! Damn you man! So hate you!!! ;)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex you've got all the cool toys! Very, very trick! :thumbup:

bugsysha

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I am new around here and I hope not to break into the theme but I had to ask. Has anyone tried this speedo on older model, FZS600 2000? I want to buy it but I haven't got a mechanic/electrician who would like to set up. I know to set up the speedo but I don't know how to connect wires.

Also, my godfather has rx2n model on FZS1000 2004 but does not show well the speed at which the motorcycle is moving so it worries me that I will have the same problem.

Is there any advice for me and my godfather?

Regards, Dražen.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Correct, my fuel gauge kindda works... I have to play with the settings a little bit to finalize it.

It has all the following: rpm, speed, signals, high beam, speeding light (you can set it to whatever you want and it`ll remind you if you`re going to fast by flashing a red light), 2 temperature gauges (that you can fit anywhere you want), the timers I mentioned above, clock, 2 trip meters, odometer, shift light, engine warning light, oil warning light (engine and oil I could not get to work, since the signals are not compatible... but I don`t care about the oil level, since I do my maintenance on time, and too bad for the engine warning light :)).

If we have some specs. on that Koso we may be able to get the Oil sensor tied in.

That is such a sick unit! Hmmmm!

Cliff

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I am new around here and I hope not to break into the theme but I had to ask. Has anyone tried this speedo on older model, FZS600 2000? I want to buy it but I haven't got a mechanic/electrician who would like to set up. I know to set up the speedo but I don't know how to connect wires.

Also, my godfather has rx2n model on FZS1000 2004 but does not show well the speed at which the motorcycle is moving so it worries me that I will have the same problem.

Is there any advice for me and my godfather?

Regards, Dražen.

I don't think anyone (including KOSO) will be able to tell you if it'll fully work for your bike or not (I had called them about my FZ and they had no idea)... there are many functions, and each bike is slightly different... Giving help on setting up this speedo online is going to be quite tricky. KOSO's instructions are pretty good, but you need to know your motorcycle pretty well to understand what to do... you also need to be able to read and understand the electrical schematic of your bike...
I had most of it working, but could not have gotten it all done without Cali_Rider's extensive knowledge of motorcycles :rockon:

My recommendation: if your speedo still works, keep it. If it's dead and you need a replacement, then buy this one and be prepared to troubleshoot... once you have it all mounted and hooked up, let us know if you have specific problems and we will try to help you.

About you're dad's speed issue: getting the speed sensor to work is actually the easiest thing to get working since it's a magnet based system, i.e. static sensor mounted on the front caliper with multiple magnets embedded in the front brake rotor, so I am not sure how you could mess that one up... most likely he did not set the speedo configuration properly (based on the # of magnets you embed in the rotor...) have him check the config in the speedo to make sure he has the right settings...

Getting the tach to work is tricky because you have to know where your ignition coil "+" wire is and tap it... then you need to figure out the rocket science to configure the speedo for your # of cylinders and strokes...

Good luck!

Last edited:

bugsysha

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think anyone (including KOSO) will be able to tell you if it'll fully work for your bike or not (I had called them about my FZ and they had no idea)... there are many functions, and each bike is slightly different... Giving help on setting up this speedo online is going to be quite tricky. KOSO's instructions are pretty good, but you need to know your motorcycle pretty well to understand what to do... you also need to be able to read and understand the electrical schematic of your bike...
I had most of it working, but could not have gotten it all done without Cali_Rider's extensive knowledge of motorcycles :rockon:

My recommendation: if your speedo still works, keep it. If it's dead and you need a replacement, then buy this one and be prepared to troubleshoot... once you have it all mounted and hooked up, let us know if you have specific problems and we will try to help you.

About you're dad's speed issue: getting the speed sensor to work is actually the easiest thing to get working since it's a magnet based system, i.e. static sensor mounted on the front caliper with multiple magnets embedded in the front brake rotor, so I am not sure how you could mess that one up... most likely he did not set the speedo configuration properly (based on the # of magnets you embed in the rotor...) have him check the config in the speedo to make sure he has the right settings...

Getting the tach to work is tricky because you have to know where your ignition coil "+" wire is and tap it... then you need to figure out the rocket science to configure the speedo for your # of cylinders and strokes...

Good luck!

I know how to set the speedo settings but I do not know how to connect the speedo with bike electronics.

In terms of my godfather and not my father everything works correctly but speed.Here is a great way to calculate tire circumference Tire size calculator so there is no way that I've done anything wrong. There are 6 magnets and tire circumference is 1884mm but the speedo only goes up to 167km/h and the navigation shows that up to that speed it shows it correctly.

As for me, i don't have a speedo at all so thats the reason why I have to buy it. I can buy for the same amount of money original speedo but my bike is naked as well so then I would have to make something to mount it on and I'm not happy about that. I would like to buy KOSO because i think it would look much better than the original.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Crap man... I haven't even finished installing or paying for my Two Bros and now you planted this mod 'seed' into my head!!! Damn you man! So hate you!!! ;)

This! I haven't even RECEIVED my Two Bros that I bought yet, and I'm already trying to budget for this even though I'm totally broke! That unit is GORGEOUS, and it's nice and bright and sleek at night. Could you take a few more pictures of how you mounted it? My bike is still stock and I'd like to figure out how I could get that on the sucker.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya I've seen this series of speedos for sale in most moto magazines. Theres like 4-6 to choose from ? I was thinkin bout it but I'm done modding until I know for sure whats goin on with the 2011 fz1. If they put the big bang in it im tradin the 6 in on it. ;)

B_E_N

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, since someone bump this thread up, i would like to share something about this RX1N

i had 1 of this meter on my small bike too. and the price was about 300plus SGD
i got it in malaysia, asia. it is selling about 850RM to 900RM
i don't know wat is the currency rate to euros, u can do the maths yourself

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Hi, since someone bump this thread up, i would like to share something about this RX1N

i had 1 of this meter on my small bike too. and the price was about 300plus SGD
i got it in malaysia, asia. it is selling about 850RM to 900RM
i don't know wat is the currency rate to euros, u can do the maths yourself

Hey bud, you can just use google for these things. For instance, I literally typed this (exactly) into a google search:

"900rm to dollar"

And it spat out this:

"900 Malaysian ringgits = 276.8634 US dollars"

Assuming that's the currency you were referring to, there's your answer :)

B_E_N

Reaction score
Visit site
ya its malaysia ringgits.
so the price is cheaper den 240euros..
erm, unless u guys were to go there for a holiday if not it will be hard to find some1 in malaysia to ship that meter over