sportbikelites.com

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I left price and quality N/A, as I have yet to receive my order. Normally, I look around a lot of places to check prices for an item I'm interested in. This time, I found this website through a link on this board and really liked their product. It has everything I need for HID Angel Eyes, and I didn't mind paying a little extra to get everything I need from one place packaged together. Their website says Availability: Usually ships in 24 to 48 hours. And right after I placed the order, I received an automated email saying that I would receive details about my order within 2 days.

I placed my order late at night on April 11. As of April 16, I hadn't heard anything so I decided to email them and ask for my tracking number.

I sent this on Friday April 16th at 11:42am:
Was this shipped yet? Can I get a tracking / confirmation number?

I received a response today, Monday April 19th at 11:39am:
i am sorry for the delay we will be shipping this week as our shipment is in transet to us now thanks

This company wouldn't have told me anything if I hadn't asked them. And they falsely state on their website that orders usually ship in 24 to 48 hours. I'll try to update this if/when I receive my product. So far though, I'm not very pleased with this company.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
As an employee of a small dot com I must say they missed the mark letting you hang that long without details.

As for the "ships within 24-48" and actually being out of stock? Sh*t happens. Not every site/company has a multi-million dollar inventory integration system in their warehouse. We don't bother marking stuff out of stock on our site unless the product is DC'd or gonna be more than 30 days out.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I understand the part about not having a great inventory system. But if an order is placed on Sunday, I would think it would be at least reviewed by Tuesday. By Wednesday they should know if the item is in stock, and should contact the customer as soon as they find out the status. I fully understand inventory issues do occur, but I don't understand crappy or downright lack of customer service. There are plenty of places that consumers can shop that have items in stock, for reasonable prices, with good customer service.

But I do appreciate your response and opinion Chaosratt!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually I just went there last week.

They have a small place on a strip mall. I was actually surprised I walked into the store and nobody went out to greet me. I actually walked into the back area (I guess employees only) and there were like three people, of course, each one of them was telling one another "I thought you were there" (at front).

A lady told me they have been there since 2008 and mostly all their sales are online, which surprise me even more the lack of communication on your order.

I'm thinking on getting one of their projector Headlight kits. They only open
weekdays during my working hours, so a bit inconvenient.

Let me know how your product works.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a copy of a post I made in the Angel Eyes sticky in the mods section:

"Well, after posting that last comment I decided I should give them a call. I should have done this earlier. They answered the phone promptly, and explained what was going on. I guess they had a problem with the projectors that came from overseas so they had to wait for a new shipment. He just got the stuff in yesterday and is compiling the kit today and told me he would ship mine out today. I don't think anyone else who ordered will be too far behind. It seems like my timing just was incredibly unlucky and it resulted in me having a longer than normal wait time.

For whatever reason, their email customer service is sub-par. Takes a while to respond and don't email when their automatic email response says they will. However, I do understand why they probably weren't in a hurry to talk to me. While I would have preferred to just know what was going on, I'm guessing they didn't want to call/email me until they had some good news.

I would recommend calling them several days after you place an online order if you haven't received any shipping information. Avoid email. I prefer email over the phone, but sometimes it's more helpful if you can actually speak with someone in real time.

That's my sportbikelites.com update. I will try to update this when they come in.

Shame too...this weekend is supposed to be crappy and I might have been able to install them"

I'm optimistic now and hope to have them by next weekend. Wasn't ideal, but as long as the product is good, only minor issues. On another note, I was expecting to have some difficulty communicating when I called their store. The emails had broken english and I was half expecting to speak to someone whose native language was spanish. But that wasn't the case and I was pleasantly surprised.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
<I was expecting to have some difficulty communicating when I called their store. The emails had broken english and I was half expecting to speak to someone whose native language was spanish.>

Welcome to the US educational system, circa 2010.....

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

Kit came in earlier this week. I was a little unhappy with how long it took, but I could overlook that if everything else was good.

I am unhappy with the quality though. One of the ballasts is missing a screw and both ballasts are scratched and have small dents. The mounting brackets that they included didn't fit perfectly and required some filing. There was one set of 6 screws that were completely the wrong size so I had to use some of my own that I happened to have sitting around. The instructions are horrible. They send a page with 6 little pictures detailing how to mount the lights in the housing. The pictures are so small and grainy and the explanations next to the picture say stuff like "place the adjustment brackets on the plate as shown in the picture everything will bolt into place very simple." Not too helpful when the pictures themselves are small and insufficient.

This kit wouldn't be bad for someone who is pretty experienced. But since I have little to no electrical experience, these problems really added to the difficulty level of the install.

I'm disappointed so far. I am still working on the wiring. IF everything works as it should, I won't be super pissed. But if I run into any more problems because they sent the wrong stuff or didn't include everything, I will be very angry.

My overall opinion, look elsewhere to see if there are any similar kits. It's nice to get everything all in one, but this company has not impressed me at all.