Motorcycle-superstore.com

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd probably actually rate them a 2.5. They'd get much higher marks if they shipped anywhere near the time frame they claim! But I will say I was satisfied with their customer service. Here is the exchange I had with Becki in their customer service department.

ME (April 9th):
I placed an order awhile ago. It had an estimated DELIVERY date of 4/7. As far as I can tell, only 1 part of the order (the only part that was backordered!) has been shipped so far (and it was shipped yesterday). Why haven't the other 2 items, both of which were apparently in stock, been shipped yet? Why weren't they shipped when the order was placed? In the past when I've ordered from you, I've been less than pleased with the shipping delays. Your website claims FREE 1-3 day shipping, but you fail to mention that it takes you an average of a week to process and handle the order. That 1-3 day shipping quickly becomes 10+ days before the customer receives their order.

My order # that I'm referring to is: XXXX

Thank you,

Their response (April 9th - 7 hours later):
We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience caused. The Cable Luber was shipped out of our Oregon warehouse yesterday; the other items are coming from Kentucky. One of the items had to be ordered from a fulfillment warehouse which caused the delay.

For future reference, Item stock status is located on the individual product pages. Begin by choosing the item color and size if applicable. A colored dot will show directly below the color option and will include information on item availability. Please note that many items are listed as available, but will require additional time prior to shipping for the item to be received into our distribution center. These items are designated by a green dot showing Available – Usually ships in 1, 2, 3 or 4 business days.

For the inconvenience we have refunded your $6.99 shipping charge.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Becki

The time frame for their response was fine, I have no issue with that. What I didn't understand was why they held up 2 of my items that were in stock waiting for the 1 item that was out of stock (esp since the out of stock item was shipping from a different location)! They offer free 1 - 3 day shipping on orders over $75. But I've placed 2 orders there, and neither has even shipped within 3 business days. Whole lotta good fast shipping does if you don't ship it for several days. The only issues I've had are with the timeliness. So if I didn't need an item quickly, and motorcycle-superstore has the item for the best price, I would order from them. If I want it in any reasonable time frame, I'd go elsewhere. From what I've read other places, many people have had a similar experience.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With them only being 6-7 hours away in Lousiville, KY, my orders are typically at my door in 2 days after ordering.

The only time I had an issue with them was earlier this summer, when they held up an entire order to wait for a pair of moto socks to arrive.. I was hoping to have some of the items for that weekend, and the box with everything arrived the following Tuesday.. :(

I've used them several times and will continue to do so.. I just now know to tell them to ship everything that's in stock, and if there's a wait on something, send it later. :thumbup:

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Prices are not always the best (but pretty close) but the customer service has always been very good and the shipping has always been predictable. I've ordered things from them at least 5 times and maybe more.

I always call before placing an Internet order because sometimes the website does not accurately reflect the stock. Sometimes it says they have an item and when I call, they say it's back ordered and then correct it on the site for me.

The items have always shipped very close to what the customer service rep. quoted me and I get them close to when they say I should receive them. They also give a tracking number that helps a lot for me.

I really hate mail order because of the shipping delay and unexpected delays really really anger/annoy me. But motorcycle-superstore has never had any in my case.

Dennis

rain city

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been generally pretty happy with purchases here. The shipping is quick and they are fairly transparent with what is happening with my purchase. Could improve their inventory system, have ordered what claims to be "in stock" to find out that it isn't. Has never taken an absurd amount of time to get item, just something that needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

galland1

Reaction score
Visit site
Recieved an installed PC-V from them. I have been told it will be 1-2 WEEKS before my return will be processed. Had to pay return shipping. Was going to order another one from them but am not sure now. Price was great. Shipping a little slow. Getting an installed part sucks. Having my cash tied up for up to 2 weeks ARRRGG!

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered a majority of my gear from here, great prices/deals, great service, and super fast shipping.

I had to exchange a few items based on sizing, and it was hassle free.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
They've been good to me. They took care of a defect in one of my jackets, even though I was way out of their return policy.

Their shipping has gotten much slower in recent months, not sure why. They used to be really fast.

Prices are OK. I can usually beat them at a local MC shop here in San Jose. They're usually straight up list, unless it's on sale.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a jacket from Motorcycle Superstore, and it gave an estimated shipping date of exactly one week after I placed my order. They didn't ship the jacket until what seemed like the last moment, but then they stuck it on a plane, and it arrived on the date they'd estimated (from wherever they are to the top of the Idaho panhandle).

So I guess their shipping isn't super fast, because the process takes a while to begin, but other than that, I was happy with my order from them. I got the correct jacket in the correct size and color.

I didn't have to deal with any customer service people, so I can't offer an opinion on them.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have bought many things from them and the shipping isn't overly fast.. reasonable, but not very fast... otherwise all my orders come properly packed and never had to return anything so can't comment on that... customer service people are friendly, but they were calling me to verify credit card info so i dunno how me calling them would go, but seem friendly... other wise i would recommend them to anyone on the forum..

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I order from them a lot and never had a problem. I usually buy 2-3 sets of tires a year from them and most times the tires are at my house in 1-2 days.
I told a friend and he ordered at 7pm, the tire was at his house the next day.
No complaints here.

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered from them a few times, including tires. I always just use the free shipping. When you do that, how fast can you reasonably expect it to be? Well in all cases for me, under a week, including the weekend.

I wouldn't call that bad by any means. No other place has ever shipped any faster unless I paid for it.

Quality has always been good and so I have had no need to contact their service.