Votes: 72 47.1%
  • Fully faired baby, woo!

Votes: 32 20.9%

• Total voters

adam6177

Reaction score
Visit site
Feel free to kick my ass for being a noob if this has been asked before but:

I've just recently got my 2006 FZ6 Naked and in black.....I bought it without ever having looked at an FZ6 before and now a few weeks down the line I kinda wished I'd got a fully fair one as I think I prefer its looks.

Now its an easy fix just to go and buy the fairing (but obviously £££££s) but I just wondered how you guys feel? As I keep reading you guys (mostly Americans) saying "oooh naked black FZ6"....

So how do you feel? Naked? Half faired? fully faired? and why?

Cheers

Adam

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Full fairing IF I could get the stock Yamaha one for an 07 in the US. Why? A bit more lower wind and rain protection and I think that particular fairing looks great.

anot

Reaction score
Visit site
I must say that whenever I have ridden a faired bike, I kind of miss the wind blast... feels a bit more like riding a bike to me, also I like the looks of naked bikes better than faired ones. But, that's just me and my scandinavian ruggedness I suppose :rolleyes:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be all over the fully faired if i could get them in the US for the 07 blue, i am saving up to import and hoping that someone will make it in the US by the time i have the $ to do it.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
The more plastics, the more I dislike it :D

I like naked, since -imho- it's the only way you can really feel the freedom of riding a motorcycle :Sport:

Plus, let's face it, naked just looks much better :rockon:

2270400876_5125e0bfd0_b.jpg

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
i think the naked looks ten times sicker/ aggressive but the wind on the the highway would kill me if i had no fairing.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
i think the naked looks ten times sicker/ aggressive but the wind on the the highway would kill me if i had no fairing.

Have you ridden a naked bike before (more than once I mean, like for a few weeks or months, to get used to the feeling)? I can ride all the way to 100mph (160km/h) without even thinking about the wind... over 100mph, you definitely start feeling it... over 120mph, you need to hold on... but really, 99% of my riding is at 100mph or below, so I have no problem at all.

I am not particularly strong either, but can do 500-mile days without a problem (mixed freeway, twisties, & side streets). The only thing I would not do on the naked FZ is long distance travelling, like cross country trips where you`ll have days doing 5-6-7 hundred miles on the freeway... but for a day or wkd ride, I have no wind issues at all :rockon:

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the streamlining effect that full fairing gives but as always it's each to their own.
If we all liked the same bikes the world would be a boring place.

As always; whatever you decide enjoy your ride.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you ridden a naked bike before (more than once I mean, like for a few weeks or months, to get used to the feeling)? I can ride all the way to 100mph (160km/h) without even thinking about the wind... over 100mph, you definitely start feeling it... over 120mph, you need to hold on... but really, 99% of my riding is at 100mph or below, so I have no problem at all.

I am not particularly strong either, but can do 500-mile days without a problem (mixed freeway, twisties, & side streets). The only thing I would not do on the naked FZ is long distance travelling, like cross country trips where you`ll have days doing 5-6-7 hundred miles on the freeway... but for a day or wkd ride, I have no wind issues at all :rockon:

Aside from my RZ this is the first street bike I've had with a fairing, and I love it! I rode from Denver to Phoenix naked, 1100 miles in one day, I'll take a fairing next time, or my car...

H

HavBlue

Aside from my RZ this is the first street bike I've had with a fairing, and I love it! I rode from Denver to Phoenix naked, 1100 miles in one day, I'll take a fairing next time, or my car...

Was this an Iron Butt or something Pete?

I have had both naked and faired machines. The windscreen comes off the Harley and there are times I will go without it but the wind blast at anything above 60mph makes it way to much work.

I like that black FZ6 with the fly screen. Gives it a serious street fighter look.:thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

1100 in one day!!! your ass must have been destroyed! :D

Thanks HavBlue :)