Visit site
Has anyone here tried a HELMET skirt?

HELMET-SKIRT.jpg

and do they work?

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for a week and then starts to fall apart. Can also be difficult to keep attched to the helmet without using double sided tape.

Steve

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good, would be hard to keep on though after it stretched a bit...IMHO.

Neck sock tucked into helmet, works just as well.

:thumbup:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one and do not care for it. I bought it to reduce noise. I gets extremely hot in the summer.

Some vaseline on the edges would definitely give you that "born again" feeling. :eek:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks like a good idea, but i think i like my head sock better still as it will keep my neck warm too, not just my chin and up.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does this fit all helmets or just the scorpio`n?

Steve

i would asume it would fit all helmets, but i have never tried it on another brand. it just slips in between the liner and helmet, so it might work.

yes it does get hot in the summer, but its nice cuz you can quickly pull it out and put it in when needed. I got one mainly to cut the wind comming up from the bottom of the helmet. its helps with the noise and it stops all the wind from comming from the bottom.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks like a good idea, but i think i like my head sock better still as it will keep my neck warm too, not just my chin and up.

it does royaly blow at keeping your neck warm, but i got it mainly to cuz down on face wind. i still use a neck warmer or baklava for colder weather riding.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Think I would stick to the neck tube Ciaron, I just would'nt feel right poking my head up into that every day.:eek: and as others have said not sure how long it would last in every day use.

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Not quite a skirt but...I've got a Shoei Multitec helmet and had a Shoei whisper kit (sort of an OE skirt) fitted at my dealers - cuts both the wind noise and chill factor down considerably. Is quite a tight fit into the helmet so hasn't come off in past 3 months, riding 5 days a week.

http://www.bikersdirect.co.uk/Shoei-Whisper-Strip-Kit_AIB2J.aspx (for illustration purposes only, I'm not recommending this supplier).

(Actually, there was a whisper kit already in the helmet box back home, so I didn't need another one from the dealers...doh!)

Don't know if other helmet manufacturers do something similar.

Last edited: