Tunes When You Ride

SOUTHERNFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
What are some of the things that everyone does to listen to music when riding? Or is that something that you would even do? I have had a hard time finding something that would work.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tunes

I just tried listening to music yesterday for the first time. I have an inexpensive MP3 player and some earplug/earbud style headphones.

I was a little concerned about the inability to hear but figured the wind noise blocks out most ability to hear anyways.

What I found was amazing. I have much more focus and road awareness with the music on. I think I was paying too much attention to (or was distracted by) the engine noise and decision whether to shift or not.

I find now that I cannot hear the engine and as a result I really pay very little attention to my shifting and have much more confidence in my turn speeds and cornering.

Really I think I tend to keep the bike a too low an RPM normally because it sounds like the engine is revving too high (even though I am only at around 7 or 8 K.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in focus with music? :confused:

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always been too afraid for the same reasons but after reading about your experience maybe I'll try it. A little off topic but does anyone have the Fieldsheer Adventure Pants? (I bought them last night online)

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't tried it yet but I have a Sony PSP that can act like a IPod so I may give it a shot this weekend. Someone in a similar post had mentioned that they rode faster and more aggressively when some of their favorite tunes were crank'n. If my driving with music on is any indication of how I will ride with it on, I may need new tires sooner than I think.:D

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If my driving with music on is any indication of how I will ride with it on, I may need new tires sooner than I think.:D

Yeah, maybe avoid speed metal and punk until you have assessed the effect on you. Otherwise you might be struggling for traction on those turns :eek: