Stoner dominance rolls on with top spot in qualifying - Moto GP

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
.3 behind - pretty close.

Wat's with the bum fluff on Caseys face LOL...... Trying to look like Biaggi? :D

Lol! Not likely, more probably the case, that he just hit puberty! :eek:

I reckon that was as fast as Rossi could go, but i reckon Casey has bit up his sleeve!

But, you never know, Jerry and the boys might find a bit more time in the computer data over night....

But Rossi & Stoner look to be a class above this weekend...

Dont think i have ever seen Casey Stoner so relaxed...an ominous sign!

:rockon:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting to note that Casey's time was with the hard rear, or what useless Rusty constantly referred to as the 'Race tyre'.

Get the impression that there are only 2 men who have any chance of winning tomorrow morning.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol! Not likely, more probably the case, that he just hit puberty! :eek:

I reckon that was as fast as Rossi could go, but i reckon Casey has bit up his sleeve!

But, you never know, Jerry and the boys might find a bit more time in the computer data over night....

But Rossi & Stoner look to be a class above this weekend...

Dont think i have ever seen Casey Stoner so relaxed...an ominous sign!

Ominous indeed.

Do you like my new avatar? ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting to note that Casey's time was with the hard rear, or what useless Rusty constantly referred to as the 'Race tyre'.

Get the impression that there are only 2 men who have any chance of winning tomorrow morning.

Yeah, Beattie was saying that they were getting so much grip from the bike, especially the rear, that when they put on the soft front qualifying tyre, that the hard rear race tyre was pushing the front!

As for the result, yep, it's either Stoner or Rossi, but i reckon Stoner would have to just about make a mistake to lose...he looked very good, and his bike was very stable...

:thumbup:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When they showed some of the splits, was interesting to see that the status quo remained.

Yamaha faster through the twistier parts of the track, Ducati faster in the straights & more flowing/high speed parts of the track.

Disapointed Spies was 11th! Ah well, just wait for the race. Still think he will finish top 5.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Disapointed Spies was 11th! Ah well, just wait for the race. Still think he will finish top 5.

5th - well he is from the US - Colin finished 5th so many times last season - it was incredible. So maybe Spies 5th this year? Probably have to agree with that.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When they showed some of the splits, was interesting to see that the status quo remained.

Yamaha faster through the twistier parts of the track, Ducati faster in the straights & more flowing/high speed parts of the track.

If Spies gets a top 5 finish...that will be a very good start to the year for him...

Man, he is exciting to watch, he wrestles the bike, and is climbing all over it! great to watch!

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you see the difference in top speed through the radar...
Stoner 329 Km/h
Rossi 319 Km/h
Results & Statistics | The Official MotoGP Website
10 Km/h is a lot when you do it 25 times around that track. Did you see Rossi was .4 second up (over Stoner) in sector 2, but finished .3 down at the end.

This extra 10km/h could be just purely from the fact that Stoner is getting beter drive off the turns, hence a higher terminal speed, before he has to hit the anchors...

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone must have got in his way ;)

hehe, Yeah, and he probably went straight in and cried on Jeremy's shoulder...:BLAA:

Heard the commentators this morning saying that Rossi wants Lorenzo out of the team at the end of the year... Or he'll go himself... Doesn't like the competition coming from his teammate.... Wahhhhhhhh!!!!

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stop it! Stop bagging my man!

No, he doesn't winge toooo often.

As for the commentators - heard that too. What really gets me though, no matter who the riders are, the press try to make a huge rivalry out of it.

Quite funny really. When you see these guys in paddock at a WSB or MotoGP race, always makes me laugh when these so called "enemies" in the paddock are quite often having a coffee together or a chat.

Bloody media hype :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stop it! Stop bagging my man!

No, he doesn't winge toooo often.

As for the commentators - heard that too. What really gets me though, no matter who the riders are, the press try to make a huge rivalry out of it.

Quite funny really. When you see these guys in paddock at a WSB or MotoGP race, always makes me laugh when these so called "enemies" in the paddock are quite often having a coffee together or a chat.

Bloody media hype :eek:

"Dont believe the hype", but it's so much fun!

Champion Racers dont generally cope well with team mates...especially when they are challenging for a win each week...

Doohan used to complain that Criville used to "steal" his set up data, but in reality i dont think this was the case, but after Mick retired, the following season, Criville won the World Championship, armed with all of Doohan's set-up data for just about every track...