30 photo high side crash sequence

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! That is the most amazing sequence I've ever seen for a crash. The photographer is incredible! Thanks Nate!!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, thanks for posting the link! That was quite an "Oh, $h!t" moment if I ever saw one!! :eek:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Skippy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pleased kto hear that you were ok. Great pictures mate!

I read somewhere that the only way to train yourself to deal with this was to get on a dirtbike and learn how to slide the rear wheel on purpose - then when you find yourself in the same situation on your pride and joy you wont automatically close the throttle. What does everyone think of this theory?

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Some of the most fantabulous sequence shots I've ever seen Dude! Glad you're okay! (Sorry about your bike. "I feel your pain...")

Reaction score
Visit site

I read somewhere that the only way to train yourself to deal with this was to get on a dirtbike and learn how to slide the rear wheel on purpose - then when you find yourself in the same situation on your pride and joy you wont automatically close the throttle. What does everyone think of this theory?
I think you are probably right. Chopping the throttle is probably the hardest instinct I've ever tried to overcome. No matter how much I tell myself not to do it, I just can't help it. I think the only way I'll ever overcome it is to practice sliding the rear.

Misti

Reaction score
www.mistihurst.com

I think you are probably right. Chopping the throttle is probably the hardest instinct I've ever tried to overcome. No matter how much I tell myself not to do it, I just can't help it. I think the only way I'll ever overcome it is to practice sliding the rear.

Riding a dirtbike and practicing sliding the rear on purpose will help you get used to the feeling and give you a better chance of not chopping the throttle if you experience a slide on a streetbike. I personally did this one summer and it really helped my comfort level when I hit the track for some racing.

Another way is to ride the SLIDE BIKE at the California Superbike School.

At CSS, one of the tools we have available to coach our students with is the slide bike which was developed as a training tool by Keith Code. Essentially the slide bike is a regular street bike that has been fitted with outriggers that act a little like training wheels. The outriggers are steel frames with rubber wheels and a dampening system that helps prevent the bike from highsiding. The idea of the slide bike is to teach riders how to control a rear wheel slide without the fear of highsiding the bike. One small point here is that the bike cannot highside as it will be stopped by the outriggers but if the rider is not careful he or she can still highside themselves by chopping the throttle. In this situation we are only dealing with too heavy on the gas slide situations and with learning how to control the “survival reaction” of chopping the gas. The slide bike is reserved for level IV and two-day camp students.

Misti

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
That was an awesome photo array.....I have seen my share of high sides and they do not alwys end up so clean looking with a thumbs-up rider in the bed of the truck....Definitely got lucky, and I'm glad he's alright.