Risers for FZ6

J

jeffm

Hello all,

Does anyone have any information on risers that maybe raise the handle bar up and back a bit?

I need to get them up and back a little to help with pressure on my hands.

Thanks...

W

wrightme43

I know this is a little off topic, but also a part of the solution.
Have you ever thought of moving the cluth, and brake levers down? Once I adjusted them to where I liked them to be, (much lower than stock) it felt great. I also transfered the cramp busters from my ninja. (little plastic flat pads that your palm rests on) They help alot as well. I took them off last night for a few miles. Its torture to ride without them to me now. I have a whole lot more control with them on. Just my experince and may not do anything to help you. It sure fixed it up for me though.
Steve

W

wrightme43

Good deal, so I am not totally mad.. LOL
The book total control by lee parks has the reasons why it works so well.

J

jeffm

Thanks for the info guys I'm going to try those suggestions first. Where do you get those cramp busters?

GBinAZ

Reaction score
Visit site
We do carry risers for the FZ-6. They are our part #s X-103 and X-104. They will raise the bars up 1" and back almost 1/2" due to the angle of the stock risers. Both risers are the same dimensions but the X-103s are silver and the X-104s are black. The cost $74.95 plus shipping. Orders can be placed online at www.genmarmfg.com or toll free at 877-471-1515. We accept all major credit cards.

Here is a response I got back from GenMar which makes very high quailty risers that I've used on other bikes I've had.

J

jeffm

Thanks GB I would have to get the silver risers. I am giving it some time and putting on a Cramp Buster first. I am going to do about 200 miles on Sunday with it and see if it helps.

Thanks again

GBinAZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I may end up going this route with the risers but I'm waiting until I get my new Corbin seat which I've asked them to make 1 inch higher than the stock seat. I'm thinking a little more leg room will work nicely for me but if I end up being too "hunched" over with the new seat, I'll get the risers and that should make it all better. Corbin said the new seat should be at my house near the end of the month and I'm hoping it's as good as the last five Corbin's I've had on my current and previous bikes.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is a little off topic, but also a part of the solution.
Have you ever thought of moving the cluth, and brake levers down? Once I adjusted them to where I liked them to be, (much lower than stock) it felt great. I also transfered the cramp busters from my ninja. (little plastic flat pads that your palm rests on) They help alot as well. I took them off last night for a few miles. Its torture to ride without them to me now. I have a whole lot more control with them on. Just my experince and may not do anything to help you. It sure fixed it up for me though.
Steve
Hey I tried this but found that when I lowered the clutch lever to the desired location, it hit the housing for the switches, keeping me from pulling the lever in all the way. I tried moving this housing down, only to find that there is a pilot hole in the bars and a small plastic nub that locks it in a fixed location. Did you experience this?

W

wrightme43

Mine hits the switch too. I loosened the 8mm bolt and moved it down, then back up till it barely hit. I add alot of freeplay so the clutch engages where I like it. It fully disengages so I am happy.

I like your signature. Thats great.

philrose

Reaction score
www.myspace.com
risers

Bought my FZ6 used from a guy who swore the 1" risers helped him. I haven't taken them off yet, its pretty natural with them in for me (6'1" 200#).