First mod ordered

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered my first mod a few mins ago.

HID Low beam conversion kit. 8000K color temperature H7 Plug and play HID's are on their way!!!!

so the low beam will be all set i hope this weekend, after that i will decide on the high beam or just leave it low beam.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very nice. post some pics of b4 and after. how much did it cost if you don't mind me (us) asking. and where did you get them. so many question so little time.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good ole E-bay, i ordered a dual H7 kit and I am splitting the 2nd ballast and 2nd H7 HID bulb with my buddy who has an 05 GSXR 1000 (same H7 Low beam). total was $75 shipped including shipping insurance. so should be less than $40 for each of us when all said and done.

I will take plenty of pictures :rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cant wait to see 'em. how much of a conversion is it?

It is the full conversion:

Unplug original bulb and remove it,

Plug the H7 socket into the ballast, and then wire power and ground to the ballast through the relay (i am almost positive that they have the relay) and from the ballast there is a wire with another H7 socket on it. Put in the HID buklb and hook up the H7 socket from the Ballast. I am beyond psyched, i had the HID headlight on my old bike and loved it!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

DanG

Reaction score
Visit site
I did this mod last week (6000k version) to the LH side (low beam only). The difference is truly awesome! When I switch the high beam on, there is hardly any difference - the HID low beam is that good!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if anyone wants to buy a H7 set and split,,im in!

That is a great idea, most you will need is a 2nd relay, but maybe not depending on the kit. I might do the High beam later with a bi xenon H4 if someone wants to split that later this spring.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they showed up today and i am very excited.

Feb-2008168.jpg

Feb-2008169.jpg

Feb-2008170.jpg

these look amazingly simple to install, it has these two tabs to insert into the original socket, (I will probably strip some wire back off the leads and solder them, but not sure yet)
Feb-2008173.jpg

Ballast to tuck away:
Feb-2008171.jpg

and then put this bulb in...

Feb-2008172.jpg

Feb-2008174.jpg

No relays, no worries, just a true plug and play setup, and it will be extremely easy for any of you guys to split a kit!!!

H

HavBlue

No doubt this is cool but what effect will it have on the person driving toward you? Are these still street legal? The box says three times brighter. That said, I have four 8 inch PIAA lamps on the Jeep that I wouldn't think of turning on with somebody coming at me. They do great off road though......

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No doubt this is cool but what effect will it have on the person driving toward you? Are these still street legal? The box says three times brighter. That said, I have four 8 inch PIAA lamps on the Jeep that I wouldn't think of turning on with somebody coming at me. They do great off road though......

these type of headlights are what the higher end cars have in them stock, it is the same as BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Higher end Subaru's, Higher end Nissan's ect... They are legal but as you can see with those high end cars, the light is a lot brighter and cleaner coming out of their headlights than the traditional style of headlight.

phxtravis

Reaction score
Visit site
these type of headlights are what the higher end cars have in them stock, it is the same as BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Higher end Subaru's, Higher end Nissan's ect... They are legal but as you can see with those high end cars, the light is a lot brighter and cleaner coming out of their headlights than the traditional style of headlight.

True, but those cars headlights are designed for HID bulbs...You may very well endup blinding oncoming traffic with these.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
True, but those cars headlights are designed for HID bulbs...You may very well endup blinding oncoming traffic with these.

in the case of Mazda's, Nissan's, Subaru's, older Lexus's and some others the HID headlights are an option where they use the same lenses and simply install the ballast and special bulbs, There should be no risk of blinding oncoming traffic any more than normal if the beam is aimed properly.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice, but be careful, the new cars have automatic levelers on the lights to keep them in alignment. A little extra weight on the back of the bike may blind the cager that you are trying to avoid.