Need some help 7inch single headlight conversion

dkulwin

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys

I just got a 2006 fz6 and want to do the conversion over to the naked bike. I really am ready to get started and have spent countless hours on here trying to figure it out. I may be retarted and I presume I am but could use some help.

Can someone point me to a specific thread on how to do the conversion but with the single headlamp preferably the 7inch and where to order all the parts/ with numbers etc?

I just cant figure it out. I also want to put some kind of flyscreen on it to keep the wind down..I need to know the specic brackets screws etc.

Thanks for the help. I searched all over.

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
Start here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/20329-conversion-thread-fz6s-fz6n.html

There is a lot of decent info on how to get started with your conversion. Mine is the most recent entry but lots of folks have posted on the actual steps involved. Search for posts by Geoff and CCHOUSKY.

As far as which headlight to use, I'm not sure what you mean by 7" light but the most common posted about here are the Buell twin headlight or the FZ1 kit. The kit can be purchased from Burlington Yamaha. Use the search here or just Google it. There is also a list of links at http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/3475-links-fz6n-mods.html

The Buell headlight is referenced in several spots, again search is your friend.

The thing about the streetfighter conversion is the feeling from doing a heavy mod to your ride. Take your time, gather as much info as you can, then yank off your fairing and get nekkid! :thumbup::rockon:

And of course :welcome:

privateryan2

Reaction score
Visit site
If the single headlight is the direction you want to go, check out the headlight from the Buell Blast. Not the most manly of bikes but it does come with a single headlight that I believe should be around that size and comes with a windscreen. You can order the part directly from a Harley Davidson parts retailer/dealer online and you get the assurance of OEM stuff not ebay garbage.

-Try Harley-Davidson® Parts and Accessories Default.asp thats where I got my headlight from.-