dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
First Fruits, Easter, and All Things New

Prize: 50,000 Site Credits

End Date: April 28th at Midnight (EST)

To kickoff this year's scavenger hunts we're going with an Easter / Jewish Springtime Feasts / Spring and All Things New theme. Some of them might seem a little odd, but trust me, there is a reason behind them all. If you haven't read the rules . go ahead and familiarize yourself with them. I know you're smart enough to do this without the rules but I did go through the effort to type them up so humor me. :D

But before you look at the list sit back and enjoy some Jim Gaffigan.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJAxRVeKnTE]YouTube - Jim Gaffigan - Holiday Traditions - Beyond the Pale[/ame]

Without any further ado...

Your bike...

1 ...next to a Synagogue

2 ...with Unleavened Bread

3 ...with a Lamb/Sheep or a Goat

4 ...with some barley or something made with barley

5 ...next to a Church building

6 ...next to a cross

7 ...with an Easter Bunny

8 ...with some Easter Eggs

9 ...with a baby (6 months or under)

10 ...next to something that's blooming

EXTRA CREDIT: You have two chances.
(1) THE PICTURE you think should have been in this list that I didn't include.
(2) This one is a bit different than we normally do for a SH. PM me the answer to this question... What is the history of the Easter traditions (ie. why do we have bunnies and eggs) and what is possibly a better holiday for the original intended purpose of the holiday?

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome scavenger hunt!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:
Thanks for taking this on, Dean!! You rock! :rockon:

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
I'm out already Dean!

Don't know of too many Synagogues in Perth

I'll try next time ;)

you're not out. go ahead and do what you can. there's two "extra credit" opportunities. btw, i don't know where a synagogue would be around here either. figure there's some easies so i didn't feel so bad having a few hard ones. give it a go. see what you can do.

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
you guys crack me up. yeah, unleavened bread is flat... but it's not just that it's flat. it is bread made without yeast in it so it won't rise. almost all bread you normally eat has yeast in it. loaf bread that is used to make sandwiches has yeast. make sense?

and i can give this hint... if you're resourceful and do some thinking you should be able to get some unleavened bread without having to make it or buy it.

happy hunting.

Last edited:

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Downunder is having waaayyyy too much fun with this and as far as I can tell.....nobody has left the house yet!
I can probably fill all of these in little Lake Placid, NY. Leaving the house now!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I got out and got LOTS of these pics yesterday! It was gorgeous weather here in the St Louis area. :cheer:
Dean, do you want us to wait until we have all photos to post, or can we post a few now and more later?

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
I got out and got LOTS of these pics yesterday! It was gorgeous weather here in the St Louis area. :cheer:
Dean, do you want us to wait until we have all photos to post, or can we post a few now and more later?

it's been really great weather here as well. i'm hoping to get a few shots myself. i'm struggling to find any goats or lambs/sheep.

as far as when to post... whenever you'd like. just make sure they're all in by the 28th. :thumbup:

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Call me ignorant.......................but whats unleavened bread :confused:
Any flat breads Mick :thumbup: I had to google it myself :D

i had to check on this. not all flat breads would be unleavened. leaven is yeast... so unleavened bread is bread without yeast. looked at some pita's last night... although they are flat, they list yeast as one of their ingredients. so be sure to check.

i'll give you two hints on where to find some...
you will probably be able to get three pictures taken in one stop
&
i have unleavened bread every week

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, here is the start of my scavenger hunt pictures!! :cheer:
It was gorgeous here in St Louis over the weekend, so I got to get out with my camera.

Next to something that's blooming. The Bradford Pear trees that line the entrance of our subdivision are in full bloom. I LOVE this time of year!
View attachment 26478

In front of a church. The service had just let out, and you should have seen the looks I was getting,
standing there in my helmet with my tiger ears on it, snapping pictures of the church!! :BLAA:
View attachment 26479

Next to a cross. This cross was not the one I was headed towards for this picture. I saw it out of the corner of my eye on the way to another cross. It was created from real flowers. (you can see that some of them fell off onto the ground.)
View attachment 26480

With Easter Bunnies. (I wonder if these people were looking out their windows when I was doing this!!) :eek:
View attachment 26481

With Easter Eggs. My daughter is 18, so we didn't have any Easter eggs at our house. I had to go looking, and it was a difficult task to find some outside!
View attachment 26482

With unleavened bread. I am pretty sure wraps (flat bread) are unleavened!! And the Saltines, too??
View attachment 26483

Okay, guys, I am over half way finished!! Let's see what you have so far!! :thumbup: