Replacing tires and dealership??

99vengeur

Reaction score
Visit site
So I called my local dealer and they said they won't replace the tires if I purchase them from anywhere else. Does anyone else have this issue with their dealership? What other options are there for getting my tires replaced, as I don't have the tools to do it myself and the price from the dealership is outrageous compared to what I could get online?

:confused:

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
If you get the tires from motorcyclesuperstore they have a preferred installer link that allows you to pick your installer that's in your area.

I used this when I purchased my BT-016's and there was no problems. I had about 6 different dealers, 2 really close. Just had to pick one and go from there.

Good luck.

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I have had the exact same problem in my area, $25 to mount and balance their tire that cost $259, $54 dollars to mount and balance if I bring in the tire that cost me $150 on the internet. (same tire) And that was only after they told me they would not do it at all and I said fine I will take my business elsewhere. It would still save me money but forget it, I don't support my local shops if they are idiots.

They also wanted to keep my bike for 6 weeks to order the tps (recall part), then another week to install, they will not order the part unless my bike sits in their shop because they will lose the money on the part if I go elsewhere during the 6 weeks, I promised I would not and offered a CC deposit. They said it's not their managers policy, I said, well your manager just cost you a lot of money, I have 3 bikes and you will never see them again......

I buy tires online at motorcyclesuperstore, found a link to local preferred installers, turned out to be a previous employee who started his own business. He did a good job for $20.

(prices are bring in your own rim both places.)

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I called my local dealer and they said they won't replace the tires if I purchase them from anywhere else. Does anyone else have this issue with their dealership? What other options are there for getting my tires replaced, as I don't have the tools to do it myself and the price from the dealership is outrageous compared to what I could get online?

:confused:

You must be talking about Allemen cycle plex.. thats how it was when I worked there.....unless they knew you....I mounted mine for the chopper at work ..... our automobile machine is way better than Allemans antique they have... there is a guy in Stonewall with a shop called Choppas that will do it 318-218-6271 he's about 5 miles from my house.

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
There's a really good race shop 10 miles from me. The problem is that they can't compete with the internet tire prices. Having said that.....they are smart enough to mount and balance "you buy 'em" tires but make it clear they charge at a higher rate to do it. I don't have a problem with that and they'll also grease axles, clean the chain, etc. while they're at it for no extra charge.
I really love to turn wrenches but my time is so limited this is a really good compromise in my case.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I ran into the same problem last year. I was quoted nearly $500 for a set of Bridgestone BT-021 tires plus 2 hours labor @$95.00 per hour for installation of said tires.

I went online and found the exact same tires at Motorcycle Superstore and had them shipped to my house for $270.

I dropped off the bike and the tires and rode away an hour later. It cost me $100 to swap out the old tires, install the new ones and dispose of the old tires.

All together, I had $370 into the swap which is $130 less than my local dealer wanted for the tires alone.

As a matter of fact, I paid less for the set of BT-021's at Motorcycle Superstore than my local dealer wanted for the rear tire alone.

It pays to shop around, and visit your local independent repair shops!

Last edited: