Cut Down rear Hugger

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
This was a very easy and a no cost mod (if you already have a dremel).

Seen a few cut down rear huggers over on SBN, so while I was removing my stock exhaust in preperation for my Two Brothers installation (they are in the mail!)I figured now would be a great time to pop the hugger off (more room without the exhaust) and finally do this mod.

Taking the hugger off is easy as removing two bolts on each side of the hugger, then using a flat blade screw driver to gently pry andpop-out the little plastic self locking insert. Most people break it when removing it (as did I0, but I can put it back in with a blop of silicone when done. You don't need to securly hold down the hugger.

Once off, I cleaned it all up, then used some fine line tape and just free handed a new radius where I wanted to cut it down.

DSCF3763.JPG

Then I fired up the Dremel tool with a cutting disc and went at it. I used a razor knife and some fine sand paper to clean up the edges. Took about 45min start to finish.

DSCF3764.JPG

DSCF3765.JPG

DSCF3766.JPG

DSCF3767.JPG

DSCF3769.JPG

DSCF3771.JPG

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the angles you chose :thumbup:... Mine is still too chunky at the base.... can`t wait to see it on the bike :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very nice job, I am also excited to see what the difference on the bike is, also hearing how much more of a mess it creates on the undertail, if any.