New windscreen..

jborlace

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a couple of pics with the new windscreen. I like it but haven't gotten to ride with it on yet. It is a little taller than the stock one.
020.jpg

019.jpg

H

HavBlue

I've had mine for about 2 years and love it. It's far superior to the OEM screen..

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I've had mine for about 2 years and love it. It's far superior to the OEM screen..
+1. LOVE my PUIG! Even sold my stock sceen. IMHO the stock screen never 'looked' quite right. To me, the PUIG blends in the whole front end 100X better than the stock one ever did!

Yamaha should have jsut got PUIG to make their screens for them to start with!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that looks much better than stock, i like the darkness and looks like it will have a lot more wind deflection.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
What's the name of this screen. I'm not seeing a db selection on their website

It's just a dark somke PUIG for an FZ6. I don't think they specifically say "doble bubble", but there is only one style, in different colours.

I got mine from Sum of All Parts on eBay/online sotre. Many places sell PUIG just do some searching on the internet.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
Boneman, Thanks, but when I checked Puig's website they showed a standard and a touring. I thought the standard appeared to be the same as the stock.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
PUIG's POS Flash web site wont load for me (?). Forgot they had a touring screen. What is shown here in this post is the standard PUIG screen. The standard is a little higher than the stock Yamaha screen. The touring PUIG should be taller than a standard PUIG.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
boneman, One more stupid question. Do you get low enough to see through the screen and if so, when it's dark do you have some visability or is it all gone?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
boneman, One more stupid question. Do you get low enough to see through the screen and if so, when it's dark do you have some visability or is it all gone?
Lol..this question always cracks me up. No.

Next time you ride, make an effort to actually try and look through your windscreen! I have yet to be able to get low enough even be able to see though nothing but my PUIG. It's not a lot taller than stock, but even so, you don't need to see though it. Some people even spray paint their windscreens black or to match their bike colour.

So not an issue.

Only possible issue is using a vid cam..which I just got plus a nice tank mount for it. I will be trying that out soon.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
Like you said its hard to get that low, I've done it, but I cant stay there for long. I thought the screen was much taller. I'm glad it's not. Thanks again for the replies...

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a couple of pics with the new windscreen. I like it but haven't gotten to ride with it on yet. It is a little taller than the stock one.

Is this the screen you have posted on the pictures?

eBay Motors: PUIG YAMAHA WINDSCREEN DARK SMOKE FZ6 FAZER 2004+ (item 330211602557 end time Mar-13-08 12:18:25 PDT)

They also have this one: eBay Motors: PUIG YAMAHA WINDSCREEN BLACK FZ6 FAZER 2004+ FZ 600 (item 330211641287 end time Feb-22-08 13:40:15 PST)

So is it the first one from top, or second one?

Last edited:
H

HavBlue

Hey, thanks for the heads up guys. When I got mine in late 2005 it was called a double bubble and now I guess it's known as standard. Either way, I love it..

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the heads up guys. When I got mine in late 2005 it was called a double bubble and now I guess it's known as standard. Either way, I love it..

Nice screen! Would you please link to it directly? I have found 2 different ones on the EBAY store for the FZ6, I am not sure which one is the one you guys have installed.

ender

ohfive
Reaction score
Visit site
Puig windscreen

Puig makes at least 3 windscreens for the FZ6: a standard and a touring (taller) both "strictly follow the shape of the oem windscreen" and a racing double bubble screen. I have just installed the Puig racing (double bubble) windscreen in smoke and it is a big improvement over the stock screen (the wind hits my helmet but not my chest). You can see through the smoke screen if you can crouch down far enough (I'm 6'2"). See the thread which starts "Puig Windscreen Smoke" by Vegasrider for more information.
:thumbup: