Street Triple R in Touring Mode

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Had a week off and decided I wanted to take a road trip to San Francisco from SoCal. But oh the decisions... do I take the cage or the bike. No brainer, load the bike up and just point North, stop where-ever I feel like stopping. Gotta tell you guys, the bike performed marvelously. I made the trip up over the course of 2 days, then spent 4 days in the Bay Area, and then made the trip home in 1 day. All in all, covered just under 1400 miles in 7 days.
Here are some pics from the trip including the bike all rigged up with full luggage.

I used Cortech Sport Saddle bags and Tail bag with the Givi side racks. Anyone who is looking for expanded luggage capacity on the bike, these racks are a perfect fit and very easy to put on and off as needed.

Rob

Pic1: Loaded with full luggage
Pic2: Lombard Street in SF
Pic3: Golden Gate Bridge
Pic4: Farmers Market at the Warf in SF
Pic5: Bug covered bike from the drive home
Pic6: Bug helmet from the drive home (was cleaned several times on the ride down as well)

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you visited all the SF landmarks.
Also the bugs dig your bike a lot! :D
(I don’t know what’s with the firkin bugs lately, they’re driving me nuts!)

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you visited all the SF landmarks.
Also the bugs dig your bike a lot! :D
(I don’t know what’s with the firkin bugs lately, they’re driving me nuts!)

Yeah, everytime I stopped for gas, I had to wash off my visor. Otherwise, I literally wouldn't be able to see the road. Pretty intense, but a great ride.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How was the suspension?

We went away last weekend and did a 1000kms - hubby rode his 09 Speed Triple. Said he felt every bump on rough roads. It's usually his "fun" bike so he has the suspension a little harder. If his XJR1300 wasn't in the shop he probably would have taken that. Bike went brilliantly though.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
How was the suspension?

We went away last weekend and did a 1000kms - hubby rode his 09 Speed Triple. Said he felt every bump on rough roads. It's usually his "fun" bike so he has the suspension a little harder. If his XJR1300 wasn't in the shop he probably would have taken that. Bike went brilliantly though.

The suspension is also pretty firm on my bike since it's the R model, but nothing too bad. It handled the extra weight of the luggage well. I did soften up the suspension for the ride home, but kept it at my normal settings on the way up. No noticeable difference in exhaustion from it on either end, but certainly more comfortable over bridge transitions.

I really liked the Speed Triple, but the wider frame made it hard for me to reach the ground easily (I'm 5'10"). The Street Triple is quite a bit more narrow near the back of the tank, making is much easier to reach down.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics Rob! It's gonna be a buggy spring

Clean that radiator! Bet those lil buggers stop some of the air flow.

I just got some expandable lath to make an extra radiator guard for my ride cuz two bikes lost their radiators to rocks in the past 2 weeks we've been riding out back. It'll help keep those bugs down to.

The last time we rode I was admiring that Triple. Really nice bike!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics Rob! It's gonna be a buggy spring

Clean that radiator! Bet those lil buggers stop some of the air flow.

I just got some expandable lath to make an extra radiator guard for my ride cuz two bikes lost their radiators to rocks in the past 2 weeks we've been riding out back. It'll help keep those bugs down to.

The last time we rode I was admiring that Triple. Really nice bike!

Thanks Cliff. She's turned out to be a really great bike for me. The size is perfect for someone my size in terms of ergo's, plenty of power, great suspension, and certainly comfortable enough for some longer rides as seen here. I bet that R1 is a ton of fun though!