Fz6-fz6n

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I just posted this up on the conversion forum...thought I'd spread the happy...

It's been over a year since I bought my FZ6, and it's barely been ridden while undergoing a FZ6-FZ6N conversion. I am happy as a kitten in cleavage to have it back as of yesterday. A friend of mine did all of the fabrication, and he did a pretty awesome job. Here's a mod list in addition to almost everything painted black:

Rizoma rearsets
Convertibars
Motovation frame/fork sliders
Tech Spec tank pads
Galfer steel brake lines
(-1,+1) 520 kit
Speedohealer 4
HD V-Rod headlight
LED front signals
CRG HS LS bar end mirrors
FAZR6 FE kit
Hyperpro combi kit
Corbin Seat with removable back rest
Cyclone 886F paging alarm
Fiamm low tone horn
One-off gauge mount
Boneman's hugger cut
3M reflective tape

Just something I thought I'd share...I have never used bar end mirror before and the first thing I noticed is that you have to actually turn your head to see them. This could be good because you can check your blind spot at the same time you check your mirror, but it's bad because a quick dart of the eyes to and from the mirror is not an option. Also having always used a windscreen, I thought I might feel the effects of the wind, but surprisingly it wasn't a big deal.

I want to say thank you to Wavex and Wolfman for being so approachable and so readily willing to share your information. Also, thank you Defyinertia and Seanie (SBN) for inspiring me to go with the V-rod headlight. I've probably looked at pics of your bikes more than you have. And thanks to dozens of FZ6ers out there who have been making me drool with their naked conversions.

I got to put about 100 miles on it today--felt so good. My timing in getting the bike is weird though because I'm going out of town and will have to be without my FZ again til 4/4. Sorry that I only have a few pics, but it's been a crazy two days...packing, working, riding...I also have some build pictures, and I will post all of them when I get back. It's dirty from the ride home, so I'll wash it up and take some nice shots, too.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Not the headlight I would've chosen, but now that you have it on there, it looks good! I like the speedometer mount you have.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
That gauge mount is a piece of wood smoothed out and coated with some kind of poly, then painted black. The stock speedo sits inside of it. I have another set of headlight brackets that I want to try out. They mount the headlight to the forks instead of the frame. It would also bring the light up a little.

What do you (all) think about a small windscreen. I kinda like the way the buell screens look. Maybe I'll mock up a piece of cardboard and spray it black...it'll have to wait though.

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
I really dig your headlight. I actually briefly considered a similar look. I also have to say that blacked out bikes are the awesomest :rockon:

I know what you mean about the bar end mirrors. Definitely takes some getting used to.

Your question about a windscreen: I say don't. I personally think they look cleaner and meaner without a windscreen of any kind.

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
That gauge mount is a piece of wood smoothed out and coated with some kind of poly, then painted black. The stock speedo sits inside of it. I have another set of headlight brackets that I want to try out. They mount the headlight to the forks instead of the frame. It would also bring the light up a little.

What do you (all) think about a small windscreen. I kinda like the way the buell screens look. Maybe I'll mock up a piece of cardboard and spray it black...it'll have to wait though.

I think it will probably look even better when the headlight up higher so definitely give it a try! Those low handlebars make the bike look very mean :thumbup:

majidmaskat

Reaction score
Visit site
hey that looks mean, i have one question, how did u paint ur bike so clean and sexy. I am looking to black out my bike too, but am scared if i may spraint over critical compnonets which may affect the bike's maintenance efforts or so. Could you please tell me how and what colour prya you have used. Also i am looking for a black mirros long one, could you advice me where to get them from thank you very much, lool i am a noob

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Sublime,
Thanks, I appreciate your input. Thanks :D That's one bad bike you have yourself. I'd hate to admit it outloud beacuse my wife would hear me, but I've really been liking the dual healight look.

moopie,
I have another mounting bracket option that I'm going to try tomorrow. Pics to come... The current mount was fabricated from the stock bracket that held the upper fairing to the frame. It kinda grew on me, but I'm definitely wanting a new headlight position.

majidmaskat,
Most of the bike was black from stock. We painted black the muffler covers, radiator covers, clutch/brake levers, triple tree, and headers. I will have to get back to you on what paint we used. There were several kinds. As far as you painting parts on your bike, look at the parts that you want to paint. Tape off moving components or bolt holes on your parts paint away...