Moving to the Chesapeake VA area.

Maycyn

Reaction score
Visit site
It's official. We just got our orders in today and we're moving from here in Maine to Chesapeake Virginia! I lived for a couple of years in the Richmond and Hopewell areas about 5 years ago. Not sure if we will stay close to the city or try further south, possibly over the North Carolina border.

My question for you guys, what are some amazing must see rides down there in the Virginia/North Carolina area? I have to admit, I'm looking forward to the extended riding season down there. We are also adding to our two current motorcycles soon and picking up a couple of KLR's so if you know some rides that may take us off-road, we're going to be ready for them. Any sights we shouldn't hesitate to see? Camping is a plus!

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
grew up in chesapeake and love it. although i didn't ride until moving to nc so i don't really know of any great places to ride. but you won't be "that far" from the blue ridge parkway. and taking a weekend camping trip to the outerbanks on bikes is nice. you can get to some of the smaller islands like ocracoke and just put around. it's a nice relaxing area.

sorry i can't be of more help to you.

rjclagett

Reaction score
Visit site
The roads here are boring. The best stretch is Indian River to west neck and out towards the pungo/nc border area. Like said before, watch out for the traffic.

Maycyn

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally settled and have the interwebs back. Thanks for any heads up guys but it turns out we decided to move to North Carolina and the SO is commuting up to VA. We've done more off-roading in the Jeep than we have riding our bikes, but we're hoping to fix that this weekend. Trying to adjust to this weather, compared to Maine, has been the biggest challenge. I'm not used to sweating buckets inside my gear.

rjclagett

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, around here you can be sweating buckets on Monday and watch it snow on Tuesday. What part of NC did yall settle in? There are better roads on your side of the border.