Joined the FZ1 handlebar club

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Had some time today, so I got out in the garage and officially joined the "I ride a FZ6 with FZ1 handlebar" club today.

picture.php

Hardest part was putting the Rizoma bar ends back on. Those things are pain in the butt. Anyway....love the new bars. Much more comfortable for me.

I also put on my new headlight grille....the jury is still out on the grille...

picture.php

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh what a feeling! When I did mine I felt more comfy. We all have different ergo and riding habits but for me the FZ1 bars felt and looked great. Your bike looks great to!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
are the fz1 bars wider than the fz6 bars?

They actually aren't, but the way they're flatter and less swept back than the stock bars makes them feel a little wider. The wrist position is much more natural than the stock bars and much more comfortable.

armystrong, man I forget how great looking your bike is! And I love the silver Pazzos with the silver Rizoma grips. I've got the same setup, only my grips are blue and the levers are black with blue adjusters.

I like the grille. I've been debating on trying it now that I've got the Buell setup on mine, but I'll probably wait a while. Where did you pick it up from?

Oh, and one more question (since I've got you here :thumbup:). The Rizoma turn signals you've got on the front...I notice they stick out quite a bit. Are you using the spacers that Rizoma makes to get them out that far? I really like how that looks and it gets them out from behind the windscreen. I'm thinking about picking up a set from PJ sometime soon (I live about 20 minutes from him and ride with him sometimes), and I'll need those spacers too if that's what you're using.

Looking good!!! :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your new bars look great, in fact, the whole are around your bars & your naked headlight conversion, looks very tight.

:thumbup:

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
They actually aren't, but the way they're flatter and less swept back than the stock bars makes them feel a little wider. The wrist position is much more natural than the stock bars and much more comfortable.

armystrong, man I forget how great looking your bike is! And I love the silver Pazzos with the silver Rizoma grips. I've got the same setup, only my grips are blue and the levers are black with blue adjusters.

I like the grille. I've been debating on trying it now that I've got the Buell setup on mine, but I'll probably wait a while. Where did you pick it up from?

Oh, and one more question (since I've got you here :thumbup:). The Rizoma turn signals you've got on the front...I notice they stick out quite a bit. Are you using the spacers that Rizoma makes to get them out that far? I really like how that looks and it gets them out from behind the windscreen. I'm thinking about picking up a set from PJ sometime soon (I live about 20 minutes from him and ride with him sometimes), and I'll need those spacers too if that's what you're using.

Looking good!!! :rockon:

Thanks for the feedback. To answer a few questions:

I can't remember where I picked up the spacers/ fork mounts. I think I bought them from a forum member or from ebay. I do know I got them for a really good price. Here's a few pictures that shows them better. I liked the signals mounted on the forks instead of the light brackets. Just looked cleaner to me. The rizoma turn signals are rather long already, so the mounts give them a bit more extension. A few pics:

picture.php

picture.php

I have these signals on the rear. They mounted very clean also.

picture.php

I ordered the grille from Surdyke. Took about 5 days to get it. It pops on and off and is built very sturdy. You can see the part number here:

picture.php

And a few more for good measure...

picture.php

picture.php

enough picture whoring...sorry couldnt help myself

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
No, that's great, Marc! I always love seeing pictures of other people's bikes!

And now I see how your turn signals are mounted. You actually have the fork brackets, not just the little posts that Rizoma makes. I REALLY like how that looks!!! I may have to steal that idea off you (if you don't mind...lol).

Thanks for the info on the grille, too. :rockon:

dnsn

Reaction score
Visit site
hi frens,

i too would like to change my handlebar for a sportier ride. did a track day and seemed i was cruising in it.
i have a fz6 s2 (naked version- single headlight) 2008 model. any sugegstions as to what handle bar matches the bike ?

i have read few posts as to fz1 makes a good match but which year model of fz1 ?

i went to a yamaha delaer and they had least idea of all these.
am based in UK. so if you could share your experience would be great.

thanks
denson

FX4210

Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike!

Where did you get the bellypan and that FE? really love how it looks on the bike?

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
hi frens,

i too would like to change my handlebar for a sportier ride. did a track day and seemed i was cruising in it.
i have a fz6 s2 (naked version- single headlight) 2008 model. any sugegstions as to what handle bar matches the bike ?

i have read few posts as to fz1 makes a good match but which year model of fz1 ?

i went to a yamaha delaer and they had least idea of all these.
am based in UK. so if you could share your experience would be great.

thanks
denson

:welcome: here's my bar trend.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/47255-fz1-bars.html