Scorpion Baffles

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Has anyone here with Scorpion cans taken the baffles out? What's the difference? Do you have any thoughts? Did you leave them out or put them back in? Etc...

Thanks!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
how difficult is it to take them out and then put them back in? would you be willing to do a sound clip comparison?

I was listening to some clips on the internet today and all the scorpions had baffles. I LOVE the Devil clip i heard today and am curious if the scorpions sound similar with no baffles.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd guess they are pretty loud. I took the db killers out of my Akros. Sounded cool but after about 10 miles I put the killers back in.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Well, I took them out today but to be honest I can't really tell the difference. I'm going to leave them out tomorrow for my normal commute and see what I think.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the difference might not be able to he heard until it is under load, let us know!,, also, are they visually different with the baffles out? if so can you take a picture of the opening for me?

Thanks in advance.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Ok, here you go. I don't have a good close-up with them in. Maybe I'll try to get one later.

2290548277_23471007ee_o.jpg

They sounded a bit louder this morning but only really in my helmet. If you stand behind the bike it doesn't seem that much louder. However it is a bit more responsive. Maybe it's just psycho-sematic but it really does seem quicker.

I'm going to leave them out for the moment.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Perfect, thank you, that is what i was hoping they looked like.

I would love to get a two Bro's but for half the price the scorpions are looking better and better every day.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, here you go. I don't have a good close-up with them in. Maybe I'll try to get one later.

2290548277_23471007ee_o.jpg

They sounded a bit louder this morning but only really in my helmet. If you stand behind the bike it doesn't seem that much louder. However it is a bit more responsive. Maybe it's just psycho-sematic but it really does seem quicker.

I'm going to leave them out for the moment.

Where did you get those smaller rear flashers?

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
***update***

So I decided to put the baffles back in. I've been riding without them for a while now and I like what the bike is like without them, but I like it better with them in.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I'm convinced that removing the baffles makes the bike a lot more 'jumpy' than it is with them in. Scorpion would call it 'more responsive to throttle input' or something equally banal, but to me it's slightly irritating.

The sound isn't really any different either way.

Anyway, I put them in over the weekend and haven't had a chance to ride until I came in to work this morning and it just reconfirmed my feelings. I like it better with them. Felt much smoother to me.

Has anyone else found the same thing?

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I would like to know also. I have scorpions and the only thing i can see is rivets. Do you have to drill out the rivets?

Mine must have removable baffles that were designed that way. I just have two allen-key screws that hold them in. If you look closely at the picture above you can see the holes in the bottom of the lip that sticks out.

I don't know, maybe the guy who had the bike before me did it himself. I'm not sure. The bike came with them.

Graven

Reaction score
Visit site
I liked the sound of the Devil pipes that I heard on line, but I got the scorpion pipes. They sound great, but not too loud. You can hear the engine while you are riding instead of just wind noise. Maybe if a car hears me, it could save my life.

DanG

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to know also. I have scorpions and the only thing i can see is rivets. Do you have to drill out the rivets?

The screws that hold the baffles are underneath on the outlets. I've had mine from new and they are other. As the other guys said, it's a 2 minute job to get them out.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:confused: im confused, i have the scorp's as well. Do you like it with or without the baff's, and does it sound and perform any better, if so that's what i will do, so please advise me???? :confused: