Pilot Road vs Pilot Road 2

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I am currently running Pilot Road front and rear. The rear is due for replacment. I am very happy with it, but am wondering what the difference is with the Road 2. Can anyone tell me? Have you tried both?

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
The PR2 is a dual compound, harder rubber in the center for much longer life than the Road. Great tire, check Roseville Yamaha for tire prices as they are usually close to the online guys.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The PR2 is a dual compound, harder rubber in the center for much longer life than the Road. Great tire, check Roseville Yamaha for tire prices as they are usually close to the online guys.

The Road 2'S are also quite a bit sofdter than the single compound road's on the sides, making for much better grip in sport mode....

Love the road 2's, great tyres, and with tyre pressure's kept right, will last for 10000km's without distorting in shape, or loss of grip, even when ridden hard....exceptional tyres...

Get the Road 2's.....Much better tyre IMHO than the single compound road's...

There is my 2 cents worth.

:thumbup:

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine also due to be replaced.
Mine is Road II CT??? something like that.
And it was good for 20,000 miles; YES 20 Thousands.
It has some more thread left at least for couple of more thousands.
But the tyre shape went il-regular forming that might not be big problem ??
And gripping power went down little bit.
I've never changed/added typr air pressure during the riding, amaizingly looks like it kept all the original air pressure???
My impressions are,
Best for the commuting or long distance touring on the highway.
At the curver; especially on the highway, bike does not need to be leaned much compared to the canyon tires.
But at the canyon, it does not give best confidence on the leaning >> just for me??
However, it is good enough to enjoy the twisties.. ha ha ha