Got the bellypan, thank god it wasnt broke!

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was quite worried when I received my package! Take a look at the pics, yeah.... it was either going to be a good day or I was going to be a pi$$ed 0ff M.F. I waited all day to get home and install it, I was like a kid in a candy store.

Today was a good day. I was able to install the belly pan in 30 minutes easy mod install but completed the bike for sure.

Be warned, be careful what you buy over seas, I was lucky, it was all in one piece.

I just don't want someone to have to send it back over seas and all that crap that no one should endure..:thumbup:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::​
100_5163.jpg

100_5164.jpg

After install
IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

thanks for stopping in

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
HOLY CRAP, what a wrapping job!!! :eek:

Geoff, your bike looks AMAZING! I see you've already got the mini-fairing painted (and the color looks great!). Jeez...I'm seriously drooling over that bike! And I have to agree with Wolfman...the bellypan really completes the bike. I know after I put mine on I couldn't have been happier with the results.

I simply have to find one of those seat cowls. I think that's the one thing missing from my bike that would set it off. Hmm...time to start searching!

Awesome job! :thumbup:

BTW, I'll have another update on my conversion tomorrow (hopefully with better pictures). Hint...the bar ends arrived today!

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you plan to do for mirrors? whatever you do, will have a largish influence on the final look of the bike....

:thumbup:

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes! My bellypan came in the other day and the box was ripped open and retaped and the edges of the pan had poked through the box. :eek: Same result though, the pan was completely intact! I guess these things are tougher than I thought fiberglass would be.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes! My bellypan came in the other day and the box was ripped open and retaped and the edges of the pan had poked through the box. :eek: Same result though, the pan was completely intact! I guess these things are tougher than I thought fiberglass would be.

Indeed they are great quality, but damn its a scary thought...

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I simply have to find one of those seat cowls. I think that's the one thing missing from my bike that would set it off. Hmm...time to start searching!

I got one - cobalt blue - doesn't fit anymore now that I have the Top Box on.

Don't know if I could wrap it as well as Geoff's though.:D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quite interested in the belly pan.

Geoff, what year is your bike?

Mine is 08 - the link says the pan is for 04 05 06.

Does anyone know if it will fit my 08 bike?

my bike is an 04, Try this, go to your local Yamaha dealer and ask them if the 04 belly pan is the same as the 08. They will answer for sure. Other thing you could do it PM krid80 and ask him, he works in a yamaha shop, (was stated in another post).

Last edited:

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Geoff

Very cool bike indeed!!!
I also recently bought the stock Yamaha belly pan - all painted and about same price as yours through a Yamaha dealership here in Denmark. I am very sure they have dumped the price on this particular unit during Winther.

QUESTION: Where did you get the Yamaha stickers with text and/or logo? Because something is missing on my bike right there on that rear swingarm!