Slider from hell (and another mod)

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I would update my "Stripped my block" thread. I let my delearship machine and install a longer bolt for about $100 total, and will probably replace with timecert one day when I have the frame off, but for now I am satisfied and glad to have my bike back. I also installed the FAZR6's FE kit the night I got my bike back. There is no play or movement whatsoever with the slider. You can click the images for a bigger picture.

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great!
Can u give me a bit of info on the FE kit? Just the usual suspects, where you got it, how much, name, how long it took to install, tools I need...yadda yadda...

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
I cannot believe you all do not know about FAZR6's FE kit on this forum. You use the stock blinkers and license plate light but it is bolted closer and more forward on the bike. You can buy it here, on sportbikes.net: FAZR6's For 2004-2008 Yamaha FZ6 Fender Eliminator Kit - $59.95 : The Sportbikes.net Store, The Leading Site For Sportbike Enthusiasts

It probably took my 45 minutes to install at night, outside and I was constantly going inside and out to set down my stock parts and read the instructions for each next step. If you had a well lit garage it should take 20-30 minutes probably.

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
The right one was torqued to 40ft/lbs (or so I believe) directly to the frame/engine as designed. The left (longer) one which goes completely through and has a nut on the other side was torqued to whatever the shop torqued it to. I decided not to mess with it given my luck with that particular modification. It has no play whatsoever and has shown no visible stress to the frame, after about 60 miles or so after installation. Either way, I am sure they did better than I could have (and I hope I am right).