Route planning help appreciated

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ROUTE CHANGED and NEW THREAD in diff subforum. Check couple posts down.

new thread here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-pacific/29102-epic-west-coast-trip-summer-2010-a.html

Well, given the nature of this trip help from anyone from any part of the US is appreciated as you will surely have some knowledge of some part of this general route.

What I am looking for is a good to decent local knowledge of roads. I would greatly appreciate any insights I can get into good roads to take and good things to see along the way. I define good roads as either:

1) Nice and twisty

2) Epic landscapes

Also appreciated would be scheduling help. I am trying to make this route work with me returning home 2 weeks after departing. I reckon 12,000 km should be an upper limit to distance, but that may have to decrease with average speed being lower on certain roads.

Most days I plan on riding 6-10 hours of road time with 6 additional hours rest and detour time. Early starts all around. There will be a 2 day or so layover on the east coast.

Here is a general outline of what I have so far:

99 St NW to Edmonton, AB - Google Maps

Thanks in advance for any help and I look forward to making course corrections as per advice received.

There is a fairly small chance the 2 weeks will be extended to 3 and I can add California and Nevada to the route. I plan on taking a tent with me to save money on lodging. Also, I don't mind taking detours through rough stuff. Hell I'll even give some really rough stuff a shot if it's passable.

Start date would be sometime in late July or early August I believe.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lone!
Man that's epic!

Man! If you come to Cali you have to hook up with your SoCal Bros.!
There's a bunch of cool roads here. Well you know, you read our posts. You could stop in and say Hey to Kenny Vegasrider and maybe the both of you could head out for a ride here. That would be really cool!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What's with these damn Canadien's aay. They seem to go on these epic rides. Who was that member who went from Vancouver BC to Key West FL and back? Crazy.

Like Cliff said, if you roll through Vegas, make sure you let me know so we can hook up.