Conti RoadAttack v. Mich. PilotRoad 2CT

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Right. I just replaced my Conti RoadAttack tyres with a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2CTs. I thought I'd record my thoughts in case anyone else is interested.

First off, I got almost 11K miles out of the RoadAttacks. I think that's pretty good. The rear tyre had a massive flat spot, but it was just into the 'warning bars' so really only just needed replacing. The main reason I replaced them was that the rear had 2 plugs in it after a recent flat. The front tyre was pretty warn but still had a bit of life in it.

I decided to get the 2CTs based on the reviews on this site and my first impressions are that I'm really glad I got them. I don't know if it's because I was expecting them to be really good or not, but they feel really solid and sticky.

I remember thinking that when I got the Contis that they practically threw the bike over into turns. That was cool because it was different than the original tyres, but it didn't give me an overall sense of confidence. The 2CTs feel much more planted and solid. Turning isn't difficult or hindered - the bike still turns easily - it just feels more planted and controlled when doing it.

I haven't had a chance to ride them in the rain yet so I'll add more info once I have a chance to do that. I live in London - it won't take long.

Anyway, that's it. I hope that helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
I have used them in the rain and they do well how well I don't know because I wasn't really trying to get them to slide but they seemed to have really good grip!

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Here, Los Angeles, I made few rainly riding with it in this rainy season.
It's doing job very well, actually excellent in my opinion.
On the highway riding, it gives me very good confidence over the many different surfaces.
However, at the canyon, a rider (me) have to careful for leaning compare to the org. fz6 equiped tyres.
It grips well, but not as good as canyon tyres ??? IMHO

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently put a set of PR2CT's on my bike as well and think they're great. I got caught in the rain (heavy rain at that) without any problems with them. Only issue was having to lay out all my money to dry when I got home:spank:

All in all a good tire that will get good mileage and have plenty of grip when leaned over.