Hey guys! New project, parts suggestions?

no1GhostFL

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2004 FZ6 right now with a cracked front ferring, so I plan on doing my naked conversion asap! This is my first bike, and I'm fairly new to the site as far as posting. This is my new baby :D <3
04FZ6_SLV_1_6391.jpg

I'd like to make it look similar to this,
2004-FZ6_Silver%20Tech%20(S3)_PS%2006_tcm71-311994.jpg

What do you guys think about side ferring adapters to replace where the "fz6" is by your thigh, and are there any that would look particularly better with a 04? I'd really like that same front light. Or even possibly something with those xenon or LED bulbs :D Thank you very much guys! Happy riding! :):Sport:

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
HUUGE pictures!

If you want that style light, look into the FZ1N headlight. A few members here have done that for their naked.

What do you mean by side fairing adapters?

no1GhostFL

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I guess I'm talking about the side pods. Right under your upper thigh where "Fz6" reads.

The fz1n kit is what I'm looking for, but I have noticed that they all come with speedo mounting brackets made for the 07+ speedometers. I have an 04' and its that circular version. What would I do in this position? Does anyone know of a fz1n kit that I can adapt to fit the speedo of an 04? Or how what alternative routes I might take? Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
It all depends on your budget.
Bear in mind that an FZ6N headlight and clocks even second hand will be $$$

Another much cheaper option (and simpler) is a Trailtech digital speedo.
I've had these on a couple of conversions and they are the mutts nuts.

Link - Computers: Digital Speedometers and Tachometers at Trail Tech Home

As for the head light,the Buell set up that a few of the guys on here use,is simple,relatively cheap to do and looks spot on

Good luck with it :thumbup:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Used FZ6N headlights can be had for cheap in Europe... I hooked up 2 or 3 of them to forum members already for $100-$200 a piece every time...

Koso speedos are awesome (but expensive compared to the Vapor speedos)...

Oh and you can find a LOT of info by reading around the streetfighter sub-forum, so I'd recommend you spend some time and look around...

Good luck.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Save the money, think of something you need and not want for the conversion, there is surely something your missing. Or I know youve been wanting a seat cowl and they arnt cheap, save up for that, its much cooler than the radiator side covers.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HUUGE pictures!

If you want that style light, look into the FZ1N headlight. A few members here have done that for their naked.

What do you mean by side fairing adapters?

Photobucket helps for huge pics, or if your a photoshop person. Either way...

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh and you can find a LOT of info by reading around the streetfighter sub-forum, so I'd recommend you spend some time and look around...

Good luck.

+1 on what Wavex said. Take your time and do the research. Budget everything down to every nut and bolt, because trust me, your naked conversion project will get EXPENSIVE!!!!

Here's are some sites that I used when I was doing my research.

Streetfighters US - Streetfighter Motorcycle Picture Gallery

~SF~ :: European Streetfighter

Top Streetfighter Motorcycle Websites - Rankings - All Sites

Oh, and here's my thread of when I did mine if you are interested in looking through it.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/15769-maverick1970s-project-streetfighter.html