Buell Fork Mount ?

privateryan2

Reaction score
Visit site
Purchased the buell headlight setup a couple weeks ago from surdyke (Still waiting for in unfortunately because its a vendor direct item.) So I have been spending a lot of time looking up installation of the headlight/windscreen assembly to the fork. I believe that I have to purchase mounts seperately, just not sure which ones to get. Which ones fit both our bikes and the Buell headlight ?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
private, I'm in the same boat as you. My headlight and mounting bracket will be here tomorrow (the windscreen was a vendor direct piece and will be here later) and I've been trying to find fork brackets like crazy to simplify the install.

Right now, I'm thinking of going the armystrong and Davidsa1 route and using flat stock aluminum to mount it. It's a bit more involved, but is really clean. The reason I'm thinking of going this route? Because you can't find 43mm fork brackets...at least not for less than $75!

The confusing part for me is that I've seen others that have used those cheap fork brackets that you see on eBay for $20 (the chrome or black ones that have 3 holes in them), but all of those say the largest fork they'll fit is 40mm and that's with a bit of work. It doesn't make any sense. The brackets I've seen on some of these naked bikes are those exact ones and I can't get anyone to say how they got them to work (I've started at least 2 threads in the last 6 months with limited replies).

I've seen other fork brackets used that look great, but again, I can't get any responses to where they came from.

If anyone can help privateryan and I out, I'm sure we'd both be extremely grateful! :thumbup:

*edit* These are the eBay brackets I'm talking about...

Forkbrackets.jpg

And this is the Davidsa1 method...

007.jpg

DSC00734-Copy.jpg

DSC00730-Copy.jpg

Last edited:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
The confusing part for me is that I've seen others that have used those cheap fork brackets that you see on eBay for $20 (the chrome or black ones that have 3 holes in them), but all of those say the largest fork they'll fit is 40mm and that's with a bit of work. It doesn't make any sense. The brackets I've seen on some of these naked bikes are those exact ones and I can't get anyone to say how they got them to work (I've started at least 2 threads in the last 6 months with limited replies).

Hey man there arent many instructions to give really.. these black brackets in the picture cost you 20 bucks off ebay. I think we talked about this already but ill post it here so everyone can see. They have three notches on the back so, it has three size adjustments. I use it on the widest one..I also put some black foam sheet padding between these mounts and forks, so they have a nice grip and doesnt scratch the forks...after installing these babies on your forks by themself. You take pliers and put a towel in it to not scratch the metal and, give the tips a little bend outwards..if you dont get both of them 100% at the same angle, no biggie because you can twist the mounts around the forks and have the headlight face perfectly straight..i think the up side of these brackets are that they are relatively short so the headlight sits on the forks really close with perfect clearance. I got a few people ask me if its stock.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks McLovin! That's exactly what I needed to know (and I looked back through my PM's and, you're right, we did discuss those a while back!) Big DUH on my part...lol.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that the brackets I have are identical to these ones except that mine has a big gap instead of 2 big holes in the middle..and they are chrome..so i dont know if this one in the picture works for sure although it looks like the mount part is exactly the same eith mine..make sure it has the 3 notches in the back before you buy it i guess..:rockon: