Quick question about the Buell headlight

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the Buell XB headlight to begin my naked conversion today (I'm pumped!), but I've got a question for those of you that have it or have a Buell (cough, cough...wavex).

Does the headlight have two H4 bulbs or is it like the FZ6 and has one H4 and one H7? I ask because I'm going to be ordering a wiring harness from Motorcycle Relay Kits, Parts, Powerlet, Centech, Posi-Lock, and More! to make the whole thing easier, but I need to know which bulbs it runs.

Thank you in advance! Oh, and I'll be posting a thread about the conversion once I get started. :rockon:

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty sure the Buell headlights are both H4s.

OT: Did you order everything from Surdyke? I just looked at their website and they don't have the headlights or windscreen mount.

P.S. Maybe it's because you got the last ones they had in stock. :BLAA:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm...Wavex said he thought they were both H7's and after a Google search, on Buell's website it states that both are H7's. I'm more confused than ever!!! LOL! :D

dturpen, I did order everything from Surdyke. And now they're showing them out of stock??? Wow...glad I got mine ordered! But after placing the order, the confirmation email stated that the headlight/windscreen mount was a "vendor direct special order" and to allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. I'm assuming that means Surdyke doesn't stock that piece (weird that they would stock the windscreen and headlight, but not the piece that goes in between them). Of course, the headlight/windscreen mount is the cheapest part but also integral to the installation, so you might know it's just my luck that it'll be the part that takes the longest to get...LOL.

On another note, initially it said the windscreen was out of stock, but now it seems it and the headlight will ship next week sometime. I hope the mount shows up soon after that because I'm chomping at the bit to get started!

I ordered CRG Hindsight LS bar end mirrors today, so that part of it is taken care of. Now I just have to decide if I want to mount it using the flat stock aluminum strips or keep searching for 43mm fork clamps.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
There are a couple of 43mm fork clamps on ebay, but they're really expensive.

I'll be looking forward to your write up, I'm gong to be attempting this soon.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm...Wavex said he thought they were both H7's and after a Google search, on Buell's website it states that both are H7's. I'm more confused than ever!!! LOL! :D

dturpen, I did order everything from Surdyke. And now they're showing them out of stock??? Wow...glad I got mine ordered! But after placing the order, the confirmation email stated that the headlight/windscreen mount was a "vendor direct special order" and to allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. I'm assuming that means Surdyke doesn't stock that piece (weird that they would stock the windscreen and headlight, but not the piece that goes in between them). Of course, the headlight/windscreen mount is the cheapest part but also integral to the installation, so you might know it's just my luck that it'll be the part that takes the longest to get...LOL.

On another note, initially it said the windscreen was out of stock, but now it seems it and the headlight will ship next week sometime. I hope the mount shows up soon after that because I'm chomping at the bit to get started!

I ordered CRG Hindsight LS bar end mirrors today, so that part of it is taken care of. Now I just have to decide if I want to mount it using the flat stock aluminum strips or keep searching for 43mm fork clamps.

You're right, they are H7s. I did more research and found out the same thing. Sorry for the confusion. :spank:

I just ordered all my Buell parts last night, and since they didn't have some of the parts on Surdyke, I ordered them from Harley Davidson Parts | Harley Accessories | Harley Davidson Clothing. We'll see how good their service is...