Good commuter tire

Neophyte

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a zf6n today :)

the tires are worn and im researching for what will be a good replacement for what i need.

I'm a pretty conservative rider and i mainly use my bike to commute (no pegs to the road on turns). Whats a good tire choice that gives good mileage and handling for what i need?

Thanks

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Michlin Pilot Road 2's. Long life, excellent wet traction, sticky enough for everything short of a trackday.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I had good luck with Michelin Pilot Road (not the Road2) - got about 12k miles on a set, good grip wet and dry and relatively resistant to squaring over the life. Based on what I've read the Road2 would be even better, but the plain old Roads are significantly cheaper around here so I'd probably stick with them again.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been using Continental road attacks, dual compound tyre that has survived about 12,000 miles for me. I drive mainly on motorway so they square up over time but all tyres do!! They give me great grip even when cold, and much much better when warm. They look COOL with an amazing thread pattern.

Sure go with whatever suggestions you get here and try the others when the first set wears away. Trial and error is the aim of the game since we're all different in riding styles.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I had good luck with Michelin Pilot Road (not the Road2) - got about 12k miles on a set, good grip wet and dry and relatively resistant to squaring over the life. Based on what I've read the Road2 would be even better, but the plain old Roads are significantly cheaper around here so I'd probably stick with them again.

I had a Pilot Road on the front of my bike for at least 3K miles, and couldn't see any wear. I liked that tire, and would use it again. Not a track tire, but a very good street tire in my view.

RedFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Bridgestone BT-21 which is a dual compound tire on my bike for 3k miles and the tires still look new and they have amazing grip. The michelins have very good reviews but I went for the bridgestones because of the price. Whatever you decide, all the dual compound tires are good for commuting.