My Streetfighter Project

kdbaum125

Reaction score
Visit site
My Streetfighter Project So Far...

I bought this 04 FZ6 slightly wrecked with 6,000K for $1400 and am working on turning it into a streetfighter. I'm not really looking to put a whole lot of money into it. I think I will have everything done I want for $2200 which I consider a steal. This will be my 5th bike I've bought and worked on. I am almost done with painting now but don't have pics of that yet. I am doing all the work. I am going to try anodizing some parts red when I get everything done as well.

Made some more progress. Not sure how I feel about the gold forks yet. Any thoughts? I'm thinking of painting the calipers gold and then taking everything else back to black, but not sure yet.

Last edited:

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know...maybe I'm slap-happy tired, but I like the two different wheel colors a lot. Overall, it looks great for a work in progress. How soon do you think it'll be complete? Could you post some pics of your modified windscreen? I love the single headlight look on the FZ--can we see some front shots/other angles? Thanks!:D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, first time I see a flat black paint job come out so well on an 04 FZ6... very nice! I like the red calipers too...

+1 for more pics of the front of the bike.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm liking everything you've done,except the red calipers.They're so bright,they just drag your eyes to them and you miss all the other things you've done to the bike.
Maybe its the painted hose ends and fittings,it just looks like a big block of colour.

Last edited:

kdbaum125

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm crazy about the round headlight look. I think it gives it sort of a modern, cafe-racer look, without the asbestos-wrapped exhaust lol.

Yeah I'm not sure I'm sold on the red calipers either. For one, the rear caliper is still taped on the brake line so it looks kind of sloppy there. I actually think that if I can get the anodizing to look good then I'll take the calipers back to black and leave only a few anodized parts red. I just want something so that its not completely blacked out. Although I like that look, I just want a little color.

It's the factory FZ shock on the rear, I think the red just makes it stand out a bit more. I went cheap and just used a scotch-brite pad followed by high-heat engine primer and high-heat, low-gloss engine enamel. Its just expensive spray paint. I spent an incredible amount of time taping off all my engine bolts so that they would stand out when I was done.

Last edited:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a cool job considering you didn't disassemble anything and infact looks factory. Man, you got some skills with spray paint and masking. Don't forget the forks and the rearsets.

So does that mean that the interior parts are still silver?

kdbaum125

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by interior parts, but everything I could see is painted. I took off the exhaust and tank and basically anything that got in the way of painting. But yeah there are still some parts that I coudn't get to without taking the engine, airbox, and injectors off that are still silver.

kdbaum125

Reaction score
Visit site
I got them from flyncycle.com Fly-N-Cycle Motorsports-Motorcycle Parts and Gear Online It was the $49.99 8 inch one. I got the brackets in the pic off ebay for around $19 but they were made for 39in forks instead of the fz's 41 in forks so I had to modify them. I ended up giving them to my dad cause they didn't work for what I wanted. I couldn't adjust the light at all. It was hitting the frame. I made my own out of some sheet aluminum I had so that it protruded farther from the frame and gave me room for adjustment.