Crap end to the day

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Every now and then you meet people that you really get along with ,when i started working at my present company there were two plumbers (business partners) who were one of our bigger non-contract customers ,these lads were great and made me feel at home in my new job from day one..as time went on we would all go drinking and stuff for sporting occasions and xmas etc. Back last year one of the lads split from his wife, i'm not gonna go into details but he was devastated.Last October he went to Oz and Bali for a month to "get his head together"..it seemed to work ,he was invited back home for xmas (he had 3 kids under 10),but it didnt last..Anyhow he been staying with familly from Jan till now .

They come in every moning -noon and before we close. but the one lad couldnt get hold of the other this afternoon.he'd switched his phone off.

While seeing off the day chatting over coffee,discussing the rugby and fooball from the weekend .he gets the call..yeah youve probably guessed where this is going, i dont need to spell it out....I just cant believe it

Im sorry i cant be more specific with names etc.but its just not my place yet..i just had to get it off my chest ..Yes suicide can be selfish and you might ask how bad things have to be to do this. he's left behind 3 amazing young children, but knowing the circumstances of recent months ,i guess this was his only way out ,he was in a dark place by no fault of his own.

thanks for putting up my ramblings

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely selfish of him. Sorry for the loss and our prayers are with the kids.

In my world, there is NOTHING out there worth taking my own life over. No matter how bad it gets... If I am at rock bottom, I'll take homeless in Hawaii over killing myself.

It's truly sad that someone feels that ending their life will solve any one problem.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Firstly, I am very sorry that someone felt they had to do this.

I will never understand people that do this. He has left 3 children fatherless. It is the most selfish thing a person could do.

I always think there is another way - if you feel that bad take off and start again.

When I was 14, the brother of my friend gassed himself in his car - his girlfriend broke up with him. He was 16 and had a life ahead of him. My friend and his parents were never the same again. His mother found him when she came home for lunch - in his parents garage.

Depression IS an illness - and we need to start recognising the signs of this. It's no-one elses fault, but we need people to realise they can ask for help and don't need to go through the DARKNESS all by themselves.

Very sad.