LSL Urban Headlight

ginster vr6

Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone here running this headlight? Any pictures if you are? I have done some extensive searching and I can't find one on a FZ6.

First post!!! Yay! :welcome:

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the design but it's pricey! I also like the LSL MIG-lite too. :thumbup:

Urban
Urban%20Headlight_opt.jpeg

StrettTriple675_022008_opt.jpg

MIG-Lights

mig_lights.jpg

miglight.jpg

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks a bit like an MT 03 light.
I like the Mig lights with the fairing,but looking at the prices,they certainly aren't cheap!
I suppose if you were converting to a naked,it could be justified,but the urban looks to close to the stock N for that kind of outlay.

Last edited:

ginster vr6

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess know one has done it? Then maybe I'm the first. :thumbup:
DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG

I have to clean up the wiring and I will have better pictures up soon!

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it,with the exception of the gap between the headlight unit and the speedo.You could try using an 'N' speedo mount so you don't have to strap it to the bars.
It seems to be a minefield when converting to naked,with light heights etc,but that unit looks great. :thumbup:

ginster vr6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys!

The gauge placement is the only thing that is bugging me right now. I wish I had access to a "N" bracket and gauge cover but I live in the states and we can't order them. If someone over seas would like to help me out that would be awesome! :D;)

Next up are just some simple things, fender eliminator, FZ1 bars, some type of bar end mirrors.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys!

The gauge placement is the only thing that is bugging me right now. I wish I had access to a "N" bracket and gauge cover but I live in the states and we can't order them. If someone over seas would like to help me out that would be awesome! :D;)

Next up are just some simple things, fender eliminator, FZ1 bars, some type of bar end mirrors.

Go to E-BAY International, there are afew N model gauges on there...they are quite common, as many were replaced under warranty, as a common problem, was the clutch cable rubbing on the bottom of the gauge cluster....any that were damaged, even slightly, were replaced under warranty i think....

Love the headlight by the way, almost looks OEM.

:thumbup:

ginster vr6

Reaction score
Visit site
Go to E-BAY International, there are afew N model gauges on there...they are quite common, as many were replaced under warranty, as a common problem, was the clutch cable rubbing on the bottom of the gauge cluster....any that were damaged, even slightly, were replaced under warranty i think....

Love the headlight by the way, almost looks OEM.

:thumbup:

Really? I couldn't find any.

Thats why I went this route for the OEM look but something different.

s3performance

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys!

The gauge placement is the only thing that is bugging me right now.

I'm fixing up an 08 FZ6S which was crashed, and converting to the FZ6N. The MT03 light was the only decent looking light with E-Mark certification, which is needed to meet Australian Design Rules, and thus get the bie registered.

But the speedo placement is bothering me too. I just got the MT03 headlight on, but don't really like the gauge placement, and how it gets in the way of the ignition key.

Anyone else done this mod, that can show where they placed the speedo?

Anyone have a template for making a gauge mounting bracket?

fz6N-mt03-side.jpg

fz6N-mt03-side.jpg